News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photos from Spectrum Climax Prototype?

Started by calenelson, April 30, 2007, 07:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

We spent a the Weekend in the Pisgah Natl. Forest camping at Davidson River Campground, and visited the Cradle of Forestry Nature Center....

..while there, the boys and I checked the Static Displayed Climax!....

...I read somewhere that this is the prototype Bachmann used to build the Fn3 Climax (now outta production, and YES I have got to find me one!)

Bach-Man is that the Truth?

The climax first caught my eye a few years ago when I bought my first issue of GR Mag....they were on closeout for $299, didn't have it then, still don't, but I Must find a way to obtain this engine for the NBRR!

Sorry I linked to photos, couldn't get my shed up, and was kinda pushed for time, so here you go!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/558870476GmhldH

there are about 52 pic posted including some pretty nice detail shots of the engine and Logging Disconnects....

Enjoy!
cale

on "my" webshots is also a few photos of Tweetsie if you are interested.....we'll be visiting there in a few weeks!  Fitting that the Climax was Restored in the Tweetsie Shops in the Early 1980's.........

Maine 2 Foot

calenelson

Glad to Share!

.....Just received a note from Webshots telling me that the photos were viewed 1421 times this week!  Wow, that is kinda a surprise.....ranking #449 of 3635 members...wow again!

Not that really means anything, but thought I'd pass it on, thanks for looking....Back to Tweetsie in 2 weeks, more from there when we get home!

Cale