The tsunami sound systems now in the on-30 locos

Started by pinewoods, March 02, 2010, 12:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinewoods

Does the tsunami put in by the factory have all features?
Des it have the reverb feature?

the Bach-man

Dear Pine,
At present the sound decoders have eight functions. At some point I believe we will see more.
When any announcement is made I'll post it here.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ebtbob

Pinewoods,

In general,  the Tsunami technology that Bachmann uses is a fair representation of a full blown Tsunami.   One thing that is lacking is the total amount of diesel air horn,  or steam whistle selections found in the full Tsunami.   Somewhere here I read about certain CVs that are not available or something to that effect.   Not sure how important that is because any programing I do on the Tsunami decoders was there for me.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

pinewoods

Can you tell me what sound functions are available?

JohnR

There are a few sounds that are not present in the Bachmann (OEM) flavor of the Tsunami.  As was noted by Bob, the whistle selection is more limited.  Bell, Long & Short Whistle, Steam blow off, Water stop, Brake squeal, and Coupler release are there. 

Injector sounds are not present.  Nor are the random Fireman Fred sounds (coal shoveling, grease gun, wrench, etc).  Also missing is the 7 band sound equalizer. 

Since the Bachmann's don't need/have Fx5 and Fx6, these function key assignments have been replaced by sounds normally found on F9-F12 (on an open market Tsunami).  This allows all the available sounds to be accessible on DCC systems with as few as 8 function keys.

-John R