News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann should have more Canadian stuff

Started by Andy Fekete, February 05, 2007, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Fekete

i would like to see bachmann show a little more interest in our stuff im sure if they make the correct choice of loco they will make a lot of money of it. i with the b-man would see this topic ;)

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

brad

Even if they weren't perfectly detailed, a steamer with an all weather cab would be a great bonus. Surely CN/CP and their subsidiaries weren't the only ones to have alweather cabs were they?  A 4-4-4 Jubilee would be nice also.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

John C

The Royal Hudson, Selkirk and Jubilee all share similar traits.  They are all streamlined, have all weather cabs etc.  Bachmann used to have a "Texas" in their standard line - upgraded chassis - new shell - Selkirk!  Hudson & Jubilee are pretty close cosmetically (except for wheel arrangement).  Wouldn't take whole lot of work to spin one off from the other.  CN had some nice looking steam power too, but I'm not too familiar with it.

Only accurate Canadian steam I've seen is bra$$ and mostly older stuff at that.  I have some Van Hobbies, PFM and Tenshodo examples, but they never ran as well as the Spectrum line does. 

I'd certainly buy a Royal Hudson (or two) and perhaps a couple of Jubilee's.  The Selkirk's are just way too big for my purposes (or the design of my layout).

Cheers!

Andy Fekete

the selkirk was not always a semi-streamlined engine. CPR had a normal unstreamlined version as well.

what about a CNR k5-a hudson?

so many locos and so little of them are affordable...sigh :'(

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

lapuce033

Canadian Electrics...?

How about a CN-Z1 Boxcab or Z-5 Steeplecab or some CN EMU's...

There are non any around???

It would be a nice addition...

ben_not_benny

Quote from: lapuce033 on February 20, 2007, 11:17:32 AM
Canadian Electrics...?

How about a CN-Z1 Boxcab or Z-5 Steeplecab or some CN EMU's...

There are non any around???

Where would you find the portotype?

It would be a nice addition...

Car Bud

Since IHC isn't in a hurry to reply to emails , i don't know what their intentions are about making and issuing anymore CNR green and black Heavyweight 6 axle coaches so how about Bachmann rolling out a set of Spectrum CNR versions of their U.P. cars for example. I have the IHC -Mehano P C Hudson and need some coaches to make a train.

Locomotive10

Yes,

Canada is famous for several excursion steamers, and some. If Bachmann made the CP Royal Hudson, Non Streamlined Hudson (2816), and a CNR Bullet Nose Betty, I'd buy all of them and re-letter them for my fictional railroad, however, keeping the paintschemes.

Canadian Nationals 4-8-2's and 4-8-4's could be created out of Bachmann models with modfication, but it would be nice if Bachmann would make one so we wouldn't have to modify locos.

I am american, but I love Canadian Steam.

Loco10

Oh, I also ordered MTH's O gauge Railking Royal Hudson. It looked cool and I thought it would nicely complement the Williams CPR F3 A-A Set I have.

North Star

You said, "If Bachmann made the CP Royal Hudson, Non Streamlined Hudson (2816), and a CNR Bullet Nose Betty, I'd buy all of them". I would too, if they were in N scale!
I'd love to see Bachmann make any steam locomotives with CNR or CP livery in N scale. I haven't seen any here in Southern Ontario hobby shops.

If I've missed something, and they do make any, please point me to them.

Stardust

rogertra

Quote from: North Star on March 05, 2009, 10:24:34 PM
You said, "If Bachmann made the CP Royal Hudson, Non Streamlined Hudson (2816), and a CNR Bullet Nose Betty, I'd buy all of them". I would too, if they were in N scale!
I'd love to see Bachmann make any steam locomotives with CNR or CP livery in N scale. I haven't seen any here in Southern Ontario hobby shops.

If I've missed something, and they do make any, please point me to them.

Stardust

A locomotive painted for Canadian National or Canadian Pacific does not a CNR nor CPR locomotive make.  Almost  _every_ popular brand, Bachmann, Athearn, Kato, Walthers etc.  steam and diesel locomotive painted in CNR and or CPR colours in not accurate.  That goes for diesel and especially for steam.

Remember, I wrote "almost".  There are (very) few that are reasonably accurate.

Eryalen

I have a Bachmann 484 Northern #6012. It came in a set from Costco. The only thing wrong is the number. From what I can find out that number was a 482. The 484s started at #6200.

Pacific Northern

Here is the CNR Steam roster for their Northerns.

http://www.trainweb.org/j.dimech/roster/484ros.html

Note to be prototype it must have the Canadian all weather enclosed cab

http://cnlines.ca/CNcyclopedia/loco/diagrams/u-2-ab.jpg

Same thing for the CNR Santa Fe's

http://cnlines.ca/CNcyclopedia/loco/diagrams/t-1-c.jpg

Pacific Northern

rogertra

Quote from: Eryalen on March 06, 2009, 09:54:33 AM
I have a Bachmann 484 Northern #6012. It came in a set from Costco. The only thing wrong is the number. From what I can find out that number was a 482. The 484s started at #6200.

Like I wrote "Almost  _every_ popular brand, Bachmann, Athearn, Kato, Walthers etc.  steam and diesel locomotive painted in CNR and or CPR colours in not accurate."

Sorry to disappoint you but the same goes for this model.  Nothing like a CNR Northern.

Tylerf

I'm a full CPR modeller, specifically modern stuff and I've noticed that athearns really the only company selling them. Being that the CPR has so many I think there should be some more sources. So a bachmann AC4400 would be awsome. I also love the CPR selkirks and hudsons, need some of those too!

SteamGene

The problem there is not that it's Canadian, but that it's unique.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"