News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann should have more Canadian stuff

Started by Andy Fekete, February 05, 2007, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on March 06, 2009, 06:42:08 PM
The problem there is not that it's Canadian, but that it's unique.
Gene

Agreed Gene.

Personally, I'd never purchase an easily identifiable or unique to one road locomotive, unless I modelled that road for example.

SteamGene

OTOH, if one has a private road,  the unique loco could be sold to it.  In real life the C&O sold its unique H-7s (simple 2-8-8-2) to the UP and the RF&P as the H-8s came on property.  My VT&P buys C&O locos as they come available.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

grumpy

I have 3 Hudsons. One is an IHC with CN markings , one comes from SuperStore with CN markings and one is Rivarossi streamlined with NYC maekings. I would sure love to have a Royal Hudson with DCC and sound.
Don

Yampa Bob

Judging from the number of views, this appears to be a hot topic. Up to now, I've only been concerned with finishing my Colorado roster. I just received the 2009 catalog, I didn't see much for CP or CN.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

RAM

Now here is a locomotive that nobady makes.  A 4-4-4.  I think it was the CP that had some.  I think the B & O also had one.

jdvass

I would give anything (almost ;D) for an affordable, accurate CPR Royal Hudson in HO. I wouldnt even care if it had DCC or sound, I could install that myself. Bach Man you have the power to make a lot of us Canadians very happy. We would all put you on our Christmas card list!

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

boomertom

Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 08, 2009, 04:27:19 AM
Judging from the number of views, this appears to be a hot topic. Up to now, I've only been concerned with finishing my Colorado roster. I just received the 2009 catalog, unless I missed someting I don't see a single item for CP or CN. /quote]

In HO, SD40-2  CPRail and Canadian national
           GP35 Canadian Pacific (2); CPRail (2)
          GP38-2  CP Rail
          C P Stock Car ,several Canadian grain cars, CN gondola

Canadian National 2-10-2
These seem to be all and you had to have too much time on your hands  ;To find them

I wouldn't mind a set of those grain hoppers except they are about 30 years in the future on my layout.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

rogertra

Quote from: boomertom on March 13, 2009, 03:53:13 PM
Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 08, 2009, 04:27:19 AM
Judging from the number of views, this appears to be a hot topic. Up to now, I've only been concerned with finishing my Colorado roster. I just received the 2009 catalog, unless I missed someting I don't see a single item for CP or CN. /quote]

In HO, SD40-2  CPRail and Canadian national
           GP35 Canadian Pacific (2); CPRail (2)
          GP38-2  CP Rail
          C P Stock Car ,several Canadian grain cars, CN gondola

Canadian National 2-10-2

None of these is accurate for either CN or CP, not even the 2-10-2 as they had Baker gear, different cabs and other detail differences in CN service.

Like I said before, painting a piece of equipment for CN or CP doesn't make it CN nor CP.  CN and CP diesels and freight cars differ from their American counterparts in many details.