Wiring for circuit board in cab - Thomas

Started by fkolbe, March 13, 2010, 03:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkolbe

My son pulled the top of the cab off of Thomas and there are two wires that used to connect to the circuit board mounted on the underside of the cab top.  Does anyone know how the wires connect?  I would like to know not just where, but how they connect (clip, solder, etc.)  I contacted all of the local hobby shops around here and none of them felt they could repair it (mostly lack of familiarity with the Thomas line).  I believe this board controls the eye movement (based on a thread here on this forum) and I assume that bypassing it would make the eyes move as fast as the motor in the train and eventually burn out.  Any pictures or a link to a wiring diagram would be extremely helpful.

Anthony P2

well you have yourself in a bit of a pickle there.  :-\   i can say that the eyes move by a system of gears that move when the wheels do. now that i think of it i'm no really sure though if the wires control the eyes or not, too.

Bucksco

Here is a link  to the exploded view drawing for HO Thomas:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/58741.pdf

I don't know if this will help you since it doesn't show the wiring schematic. My suggestion would be to call our service department for that info . They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm (EST) at (800) 356-3910.