News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CNJ sanding tower

Started by ebtbob, March 13, 2010, 10:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Enclosed is a picture of an O scale model sanding tower based on one that the CNJ used to have in its yard at Jim Thorpe,  Pa.   It is made from an O scale Plasticville signal bridge and a Rix tank.   The small tank on the top of the bridge is from a Walther's kit containing several sized tanks.   The piping is Evergreen styrene.   The sanding hose is a piece of heat shrink tubing.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

the Bach-man

Nice job, Bob!
the Bach-man

phillyreading

Nice job on the sanding tower!
Do you have any pieces from the signal tower left over?

In it's later years the Reading Lines(freight division of the Reading Railroad) owned about 51% of the stock in CNJ. So it was not unusual to see CNJ on the Reading Railroad tracks near Allentown PA.

Lee F.

ebtbob

Lee,

Nothing really worth anything left over.   The bottom of the one side that was cut short to sit on the tank and the lights.  That is about all.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

phillyreading

ebtbob,

Do you have the light frame holder? The peice that the light assembly mounts to the bridge section.
Email me! fritzlp@bellsouth.net

Lee F.

ebtbob

Lee,

I do not have the piece you are looking for.   Now that you mention it,  I got the signal bridge out of a grab bag at a show and I do not remember seeing those pieces.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress