News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Early spectrum K4 driver issues

Started by vvtech14, March 17, 2010, 10:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvtech14

Hello, I'm new to your board and was wondering if any one else had this issue and a way to resolve it.
I have one of the very early Spectrum k4 Pacific's that has been in the box for years. and have found two problems with the drivers
#1 the driver itself has plastic on the outside which has separated and was hitting the valvegear. I have tryed gluing it and shaving it with no good results.
#2 the front driver keeps loosing its index, I have re indexed it a number of times and glued it in place, however the problem returns. It seems that the plastic axles just wont stay put. Does any one know of a replacement or a repair that I have not yet tryed.   Thank you for your help, Scott.

OldTimer

I'd try Bachmann customer service for replacement or parts or whatever.  Bowser used to make chassis replacement kits for the early Bachmann steamers.   Check eBay and the Bowser web site.  Bowser has merged with Stewart and is not currently making steam engine kits, although they indicate that parts may be available.  Good luck.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.

OldTimer

A little further analysis of the Bowser web site indicates that the chassis for your K4 is in stock.  Check it out.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.