News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela car couplers

Started by adf3comcast, March 22, 2010, 12:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adf3comcast

BACHMANN N SCALE ACELA FIRST CLASS CAR TRAIN 89972  I purchased this model on eBay.  The couplers are not rapido or dummy knuckle.  Do these only come in sets?  What engine will couple with it?

ABC

Only the Acela loco and passenger cars will couple with it with its original coupler. (You make be able to replace it with rapido, mt (working knuckle), or dummy knuckle couplers, but I'm not sure how difficult it is since I don't have one).

skipgear

It only couples with the rest of the Acela equipment. That car was designed to be an add on to the Acela starter set. The car would only work in conjunction with the other Acela cars in real life also.

Product Information
Acela®Express locomotives and passenger cars are offered individually in N scale. Modelers can now accurately duplicate Amtrak's standard eight-car Acela® consist by adding to the Spectrum® Acela® Express train set, or by building their train one car at a time. Note: N scale Acela® locomotives are non-powered units; powered Café Acela® car required for operation.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

r0bert