News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Use of Message Board

Started by Hal, March 24, 2010, 10:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

OK,

Personal messages now works for me.  I've changed my mind.  If indeed it's private, I can see the value, especially if folks want to go off line and discuss sales, trades, kids, dogs, or hunting.  Then their personal email addresses don't get published.  So I've changed my mind.  This is potentially a good tool.

V/R,

Jonathan

richg

Some people foolishly type in their email address in the message. You do not have to do that. A member can find your email address very easily if you do not "hide" the address.
Many clueless people think the Internet is safe. It is the Wild West.

I see this done in a couple other forums. I have seen Google search results show some forum messages and I could get their email address. Spammers and hackers do this a lot.

All you have to do is click on the person's name up to the left of the message box and another pop up window shows their email address if they did not set up to "hide" their email address.

I prefer to hide my email address.

Rich

Mn.Railman

We bought our grandson aBachmann Thunderbolt Train Set and gave it to them for Christmas this year!!  We had the set for about 9 months before we gave it to them.  They opened it to find that the Transformer was dead!!  Is there anyway that the Bachmann Train Company stands behind this or not??  We have the Model No.!  The box was not opened or damaged, but just wondering!!

Joe Satnik

Dear Mn.Railman,

You attached your question to an unrelated topic in the general forum. 

Your question is new, and for a specific scale, which I'm pretty sure is HO. 

Please go to the HO sub-forum, select "new topic", and use a subject line such as

"HO power pack not working-- Warranty?"  You could highlight and copy-paste your message paragraph from this thread to your new one.

If you don't own a multi-meter (aka volt-ohm meter), you should.  Harbor Freight or other specialty tool stores have them for very little money.  A multi-meter will help troubleshoot your train set.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the Bach-man

Dear Mn,
Yes, we will stand behind it. Please contact the service department.
Thanks!
the Bach-man