Airport Hangar with Airplanes

Started by gps1954, March 24, 2010, 11:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gps1954

Hello,

I am curious to what the dimensions are of this product. I am looking for aircraft hangar for 1/72 scale diorama and wondering if this model could fit in.

Thanks,
Gary

phillyreading

If the model says on the box for O & S scale trains it is closer to 1/64th scale then 1/72. It would look a little large with 1/72 scale stuff. I think that the O & S scale buildings would work best because it is closer to 1/72.
While the models that have H.O. are closer to 1/85th scale than 1/72. That is basically the scale sizes of Plasticville buildings.

Best way to find out is to either borrow a Plasticville building or bring some of your diorama items somewhere that has the Plasticville building.

Lee F.

ABC

O is 1:48, S is 1:64, and HO is 1:87, so your about halfway between HO and S. What I would do is buy an S scale building and not a building intended for O & S because it's going to be larger than 1:64. 1:72 scale is primarily only model aircraft and other military related things. If you can't find an S gauge hangar, buy the S/O Plasticville one.
OO scale is 1:76 and in an ideal situation would be the closest match.

phillyreading

Quote from: ABC on April 03, 2010, 02:24:18 PM
O is 1:48, S is 1:64, and HO is 1:87, so your about halfway between HO and S. What I would do is buy an S scale building and not a building intended for O & S because it's going to be larger than 1:64. 1:72 scale is primarily only model aircraft and other military related things. If you can't find an S gauge hangar, buy the S/O Plasticville one.
OO scale is 1:76 and in an ideal situation would be the closest match.

Plasticville seems to be a little smaller than the scale sizes for O & S. And their H.O. is closer to 1/90th scale.
Maybe Historic Rail or Historic Aircraft has some stuff in one of their catalogs.

Lee F.