News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Older Atlas GP 40

Started by winjie, March 25, 2010, 10:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winjie

I purchased an Atlas Gp40 with a 4 function DCC decoder. The road name is Amtrak and the number is 660. I followed the instructions in the box and changed the decoder from analog to digital function. I have EZ command and I cannot get this unit to go. How do you program this unit with EZ command. Thanks

Nigel

Quote from: winjie on March 25, 2010, 10:15:07 PM
....... How do you program this unit with EZ command. .....

You can't.  If the unit has been changed from address 3; and you can't issue a total reset to factory defaults, you are stuck.  Read the Atlas manual to determine how to do a total reset.  After you have successfully accomplished that, the address should be 03, which will work on EZ Command, and you should be able to change the address to other addresses whch EZ Command supports.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

jward

if i recall correctly, atlas would use the last 2 digits of the unit's road number as its atlas. i don't think they came from the factory set at 03 like other decoder equipped locomotives. i say this because, if you can't do a reset on the decoder it helps to have some idea of what address it is programmed to. the atlas decoders will reset to address 03, but are preprogrammed to another address at the factory. if you need to take ist to a friend's layout who uses another type of dcc controller, or if you have to take it to the hobby shop, i'd try address 60 first, and see if it responds to that.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA