News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question For TOC

Started by Karl Reichenbach, May 10, 2007, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Reichenbach

Dave,

What is the small board for inside the Heisler trucks for?

Karl

Jon D. Miller

Karl,
It's possible it may be some time before TOC gets around to answering your question.  He is deeply involved in more urgent matters on another site. 

Till he gets around to answering your question in more detail, the small PCB inside each Heisler truck is for motor noise suppression.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Karl Reichenbach

JD

A follow up question.  Can the one in the rear truck be by-passed and eliminated?  I think that it is bad, and is stopping power pick up by the rear truck.

Karl

Jon D. Miller

Karl,

Probably best that you contact me off-net. Send me an e-mail and we can discuss.  Or you can wait for TOC since he'll have all the answers!

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Curmudgeon

Since someone does not want to be helpful, I was alerted to his ramblings by another.

Those are noise suppressor boards, required in the EU.

Every locomotive seems to have a different protocol, except the large 2-6-0 and 2-8-0.

Some PW controllers do not play well with those boards.
I remove them, but it is a bit of a job.
IF you do, and have the truck in full tear-down, make sure you drill the lube port as shown in the booklet but not included in the model.
There is no way to lubricate the brush end of the motor bearing otherwise.

And, I have been busy, and pre-occupied, but not on any other forums as some would like you to believe.
Rather something a little more difficult.

I don't spend a lot of time here right now, but hopefully more now.

Tony Walsham

Here is how I installed battery R/C in a Heisler.

There are other ways on how to do it. 
Please note where I drilled the lubrication hole TOC describes, in the motor mounting frame.

http://www.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44522
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Karl Reichenbach

TOC and Tony,

Thanks for your response and anwsers to my questions.

Karl

RhB_HJ

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on May 11, 2007, 11:09:39 AM
Karl,

Probably best that you contact me off-net. Send me an e-mail and we can discuss.  Or you can wait for TOC since he'll have all the answers!

JD

Yeah,

Isn't it amazing how Dave knows (and remembers!) so much about all kinds of different things???

In Europe they have the suppressors (chokes)  on all the models, I remove them when installing the decoder.
Cheers

HJ

----

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC  Canada