News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

So what do you think

Started by full maxx, March 29, 2010, 09:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

My poor little Connie has hit the floor 3 times and suffered a little damage , so I emailed Bachmann and they said send it in with 25 bucks and they would fix it. So do you think it is worth fixing or should I just replace it with new. It still runs but a little jerky at times and the headlight is out and the valve gears are broken off one side for better pics go here http://s211.photobucket.com/home/nitroburnr/index
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

pdlethbridge

They'll fix it okay, likely give you a new unit.

jbsmith

$25?
May well be worth it.
I would go for it.

Nigel

As noted; Bachmann does not repair in the USA, except very very minor - they replace.

Look at this way, burden labor in the USA is at least $50- per hour; and much higher most places.  So they can only afford to spend 10 minutes on a locomotive - including re-packing.  And a brand new model really costs Bachmann on the order of 20% of MSRP.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

full maxx

waiting on an email them we will see about sending it in
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Bucksco

Quote from: Nigel on March 30, 2010, 01:50:07 AM
As noted; Bachmann does not repair in the USA, except very very minor - they replace.

I wouldn't tell that to the service techs I see everyday! They may take exception to this statement. ;)

rogertra

Send them the $25 and you'll get a brand new, latest issue locomotive.

It's true, they don't repair, they replace.

If you have custom detailed locomotives as I do, you MUST enclose a note telling them that you want to same body back and then they'll just replace the mechanism.  It's well worth the $25 and the note.

Bucksco

Quote from: rogertra on March 30, 2010, 12:55:44 PM

This is not true. If parts are unavailable due to the age of a product it will indeed be replaced. If parts are available a product will be repaired - not replaced.

rogertra

Quote from: Jack Lynch on March 30, 2010, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: rogertra on March 30, 2010, 12:55:44 PM

This is not true. If parts are unavailable due to the age of a product it will indeed be replaced. If parts are available a product will be repaired - not replaced.

I stand corrected.  :)

full maxx

Well thanks for all the replies and I will be sending it in with the pay pal receipt hopefully that will be good enough if not I am including a note that says to call or email me and I will give them my cc number to pay the $25...the set was bought in the beginning of December so it should be under warranty but I have read on here that the favorite spot is the only authorized dealer for warranty purposes but if they want the 25 bucks, I'll be happy to oblige as that is a cheap price to pay for me and my older brothers carelessness. How ever there is Plexiglas border up now around the table to prevent any further crashes to the floor and I promise not to pull them off with the vacuum cord any more.   

ABC

There are 2 other authorized Bachmann dealers on ebay, but I can't think of their names right now.  At any rate, who did you buy it from? It will save you a lot of trouble, to send in the money, instead of holding everything up and having to wait longer. Call up the service department to double check and see if you need to send the money in or not. They have a 800 number (toll free).... 800-356-3910
    *  Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
    * Technical Support: Ext.337
    * Repair Status: Ext. 331
    * Customer Service Manager: Ext.304

full maxx

the seller was majesticfire bought Nov 21st...My wife has not returned as of yet so she sent me an email of the receipt but I think I will have to send the $25 anyway as it falls under misuse as listed in the email from Laura at Bachmann but my little engineer will be so very happy to have it back in service...he calls it the short engine

ABC

Yeah, I was going to mention the "misuse," but wasn't entirely sure what the policy was on that.

full maxx

shipping today ...will let y'all know how it goes...in a couple weeks

full maxx

well its away for a total of $5.95 for priority and insurance, with the $25.00 money order...not a bad deal at all