News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum F7 A-B-B-A config

Started by piperjimb, May 11, 2007, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piperjimb

Hello,

I am new to model railroading and would like to know if I can run a Bachmann Spectrum F7 Super Chief configuration A-B-B-A with the first two units running and pointing foreward and the second two units facing the other way running backward without the two playing tug of war with each other.

rail cars <----  <---- ----> ----> direction pointing
              F7A    F7B  F7B   F7A

------------------------------------> direction running

SWARTWOUT

The answer is yes.  All locos run in the same direction regardless of position on track.  Just place any loco down in either direction on a powered track and see for yourself.

brokemoto

You should be fine with the Bachpersonns.

Beware, however, if you do purchase certain Con-Cor or Model Power locomotives, as some of them have been wired backwards.  If you get some wired backards and try to run them in a motive power consist with some that are wired properly, you will have problems.

I have never seen any Bachmanns that were wired backwards, SPECTRUM or Standard Line.

GlennW

Yes, your units should run together. You may need to clean/relube them. Then you can test to see if they run fairly close together. On DC power, there can be a difference between lighted/unlighted models. If you take time to be sure the couplers mate, your problems will be solved. An ABBA set of F's s/b able to easily pull 40+ cars. Let us know of your results!