Southeast Garden Railroad Show April 30-May 1

Started by Ted Yarbrough, April 04, 2010, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bach-Mann,
Hope to see you down south later this month. Great show last year with wonderful facilities in Dalton, Georgia. We need you to bring down the K-27 loco and the new Thomas stuff to introduce to the southern public! Good train folks down here.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Dear Ted,
I'd love to go, but I go where I'm sent...
Maybe next year...
the Bach-man

armorsmith

Mr Bachmann,

I am truely sorry to hear that the South East molelers are thought so little of.  The first year of the show I sort of understood, but the show last year was a great success. As of this date most of my motive power has been Bachmann, that may change.

Bob C.

doug c

Bob ;

Realistically,  it is just they have limited travel/show budget !   There's been a couple yrs where corp.Bachmann did not cut their "travellers "  an appropriate funding cheque so they did not make an appearance at one or possibly two LSTSs . 

Shucks up here our attendance numbers have been on average 10k for several yrs and Bachmann corp. still ignores  invitations and feedback to this IASTS.      THEIR LOSS  as  a lot of people will remember a chat with company reps at a show when they later see the product at various vendors in the same venue.    Ya don't have that chat  ya don't really get too excited about a potential purchase of a Bach' K27 or  articulate  . . . .  in any scale !!    We'll look at other product by other manufacturers in attendance (or been in previous yrs ).       

I sent a heads-up (email) letter to 40+  LS manufacturers  a couple months back,  . . .  did not personally hear from them  nor apparently did they feel it a great idea to just advertise at the show nor  cut a cheque to help offest cost to enable Canada's exclusive distributor (of majority) of the LS loco/rolling stock manufacturers to cover some of their  show costs  again this yr.   so . . . .  the two majors we saw a couple yrs back with one last yr. with reps at the booth,  seemingly will be not seen this yr.     

One newby LS+ supplier this yr  (based on exhibitor listing posted a couple wks back )   is B****A**B**** !       

So we may not have that  Bachmann corp. touchy-feely moment  to inspire purchases but always a good show for ferreting out much needed,  enjoy the layouts in more detail (more time)  and to meet/greet  all the folks in the MR community not seen  for months sometimes since the previous yr. . . . 

IMHO,
doug c   

p.s.   I'm sure the SEGRS will be a great show again this yr.
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Bucksco

Gentlmen,

Bachmann Trains would like to attend every show possible but we are oblidged to work within a pre-set budget for the year. We have to be extra careful now due to the current economic situation.

The 2010 show scedule includes 20 public shows and 7 trade shows including the The National Garden Railway Convention, ECLSTS, NMRA National Convention, iHobby Expo. Trainfest and many more.

These shows include venues in all regions of the country and cater to all scales. We do trade shows (which are quite costly) in order to get the product onto your dealer's shelves.

All in all, we make a concerted effort to get our "roadshow" to as many places as possible but obviously we cannot get to everyones favorite. If it is any consolation the SEGRS is on our short list of possibilities if next year's budget allows.

armorsmith

Jack,

Thank you for your reply.  I am aware that budhetary considerations are always a factor, however it is my understanding that Bachmann participated in the SELSTS held in Perry.

Please understand, the SEGRS in Dalton is the closest show for most of us in the southeast, and for me that is a  6 hour drive. I would love to make the ECLSTS in York, as I was raised in north east New Jersey and I would be able to do both the show and some visiting.  Please put some push pins in a map and see just how far we are from any of the other shows. Maybe do the SEGRS next year and not another show - a trade off.

My tuppence worth.

Bob C.