News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Video ?'s

Started by mickeykelley, April 07, 2010, 05:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

I just go my new 2-8-0 Deadwood and the video is on VHS.  I no longer have a VCR and haven't for years.  Is it available on DVD?  Are these really still being shipped with tapes instead of discs?

darkdaniel100

Even though you have a "New" 2-8-0 it was produced awhile ago so comes with a vhs, I have this vhs problem with the climax aswell!.. The more modern releases come with a DVD ... expect the forney which didnt come with either !

Bucksco

I will check tomorrow to see if this video is available for upload to our youtube channel.

mickeykelley

As an administrator, I want to make you aware of some things.  First, I tried to purchase this from a dealer in San Antonio, but no one carries it to be able to see it first, etc.  Thus I was forced to the internet.  When it came in, I was very disappointed that it came with an VCR tape (see above post).  But to get over it, I moved on to the real thing I bought.  First when I pulled it out of a completely sealed box from the factory, the front boiler piece will not stay in.  Nothing appears broken, but when you push it in, it won't stay.  Next, it appears that there should be two things that go in the top edge of each side of this boiler cover, but are missing.  There are holes in the plastic but nothing there.  As I get the unit out of the Styrofoam I see 2 pieces of plastic hanging down between the wheels.  I study it and it is apparent it is one of the connecting pieces under neath that runs between each sets of wheels on both he right and left sides. Next, I put it on the track and you hear the motor running, but it does not move.  The ash pan lights but no wheel movement.  I appears that the motor is just spinning or something inside.  I also have your 2 truck shay, climax and 4-4-0 and have not had any of these issues.  These are not inexpensive units and to have these issue immediately is unacceptable.  What are you going to do?

Bucksco

I would recommend contacting the dealer where you purchased the model for a replacement. Our locomotives have a limited lifetime warranty and we will replace a defective unit for up to one year after purchase. After the first year we will service the locomotive for a nominal fee.

Bucksco

mickeykelley

Is there a way to download the video so I have a permanent copy as compared to going to YouTube every time?

CCSII

Sure there is a way if you have a Mac, possibly in Windows as well.

mickeykelley

Ok want to give any suggestions.  I could not find a way......

CCSII

What kind of computer, if you have a Mac I can help, if it's a PC I can't.