Thread about availablity of tenders deleted?

Started by Atlantic Central, April 22, 2010, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Why? Did I miss something or did I discuss something taboo without knowing it?

Anyway, point remains, in the current catalog or not, if you want a previously listed seperate tender - they are out there.

Sheldon

hotrainlover

I guess someone does NOT want it discussed???!!!

ABC

I might of got too far off-topic. I have a feeling that it was probably somehow my fault.

pdlethbridge

well, we have to blame someone, and as you volunteered, we will gladly give you all the credit for the blame. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Atlantic Central

ABC, I don't think you did anything wrong, they might not have liked me talking about pricing? Who knows?

Sheldon

Bruce_Bennett

pdlethbridge

People, all over the place, are falling on their sword. :o :o :o :o :o

Robertj668

Sheldon
About a month ago my thread was deleted. I am not sure why. How i found out that it was deleted was that I got an email that someone posted a response and when I wen to see it. it was deleted.

The topic was about a "Bachmann" product that has a sports team logo on it. This NY team is very well loved and hated.

Just like you I was like.. "what did I do?" I never got a response from a moderator or anyone. I like you would like to know if it was me or a post that drove the deleting of the post. I hope you find out why.

Robert

ABC

Just watch, next thing you know this thread will disappear.

Doneldon

Bruce-

What did you miss?  What did you miss?  Why, only the most interesting, captivating, informative and eloquently written thread I have ever seen on Bachmann or anywhere else.  My condolences.  Your modeling, or even your life, may never be the same.

Doneldon

Guilford Guy

I'll wager an apple, a chocolate bar, and my good name, that this too will be gone in oh, eight hours?
Alex

Joe Satnik

Dear GG,

About 8-1/2 lives used up so far...

Dear All, 

About nine months or so ago the "New HO Announcements" thread (posted at the beginning of a major train or toy show) was deleted instead of unpinned.

I'm not sure my replies caused the deletion, but...

I had pointed out the problems with the new HO fitter track assortment, which wouldn't fit without significant cutting or gouging of the fitters or the adjacent full size track sections.  

Board "anticipation" whining (Where's that new product you announced 2 years ago?) forced the "powers that be" to delay announcements of new items to closer to product delivery dates.

Now, the unintended consequences of that delay are that expensive molds are made before observant and experienced board members can point out "gitchas" in the design or concept.

Case in point:  26" and 28" radii HO curves are too close together to conform to NMRA track spacing recommendations.  This causes overhang crashes on concentric curves.  By the time they announced, the molds were already made...  

Funny thing is, the previously released HO 33-1/4" and 35-1/2" radii curve pairs had the extra 1/4" spacing to avoid the overhang crashes...

I knew/know how to fix the fitters, but no one ever asked me..  We'll see what they come up with.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik      
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

pdlethbridge

And I still think that tenders with sound sold separately  is a very good idea. You all ready make them, try it, you'll be glad you did. And think of all the money you'll make.

ABC

Quote from: pdlethbridge on April 24, 2010, 03:34:01 PM
And I still think that tenders with sound sold separately  is a very good idea. You all ready make them, try it, you'll be glad you did. And think of all the money you'll make.
Oh no, here we go again, so much for this thread...