C&S / RGS No.74 to be produced by Bachmann ???

Started by Tomcat, April 25, 2010, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

A little bird whispered to me that there would be a good chance to see Colorado&Southern/Rio Grande Southern No.74 to be produced by Bachmann...?

I´m sure the Bach-man won´t let this out of the hat actually, but wouldn´t this
be a cool thing to have...? OK-Colorado N.G. but this would make my day... ;) ;) ;)

Bach-man: Any comments yet about this? When will we know more about the coming models...? (Probably something geared for us Loggers... NO, I´m not saying the H-word..)

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

ossygobbin

hope not.
lets have a an outside frame prairie.

Frisco

Oh gosh, that'd make my entire year! If you don't mind me asking who'd you hear it from?

Linzthom

Firstly: It is so wonderful she is still alive and cared for. Just fantastic. ;D ;D ;D :D

But, ..........yawn.......yet another rod loco??. Bachman certainly know what most of us want, and have been for years....a H.....r

Lindsay
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Royce Wilson

This would make a great engine!!!

Royce Wilson

Tomcat

Hi there folks! Honestly, that would make my year too... This is another engine I´m happy to know that she "is still there" and cared and still alive. Just as another favorite, the lil´ 268 in Gunnison. Well said in the booklet they sell at the Pioneer´s museum: "She has been quiet these many years, but she still lives in still pictures and motion pictures. Who knows the future? Perhaps, someday, she will be again awaken and relive those wonderful days when the skies over Gunnison were streaked with her smoke"

But back to these rumours: A good friend, Steffen Rosmus of Stoner Creek Miniatures has told me about this. Had been discussed in a Newsgroup in the States back these days...

But a H-...... (no,I´m not going to write this again and again...) would be another cool lokie we all may deserve from Bachmann. hey, what about a West Side (Thing...) in Standard and Narrow Gauge...???

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Woody Elmore

I owned an On3 brass version of #74 by Sunset - it is an awfully big engine for On30. It would dwarf the mogul.

There were three that were similar - 74,75 and 76. 74 wound up on the C&S and the crews didn't like the engine very much. For those modelling early Colorado, I believe that these engines ran on the Colorado and NorthWestern before they went to RGS.

I agree about the need for a prairie type. SR&RL #24 gets my vote.

Tomcat

Woody, I definitely agree: The 74 is pretty big for a older N.G. Engine, and it´s told that she wasn´t much liked by the engine crews, though. It could be wise to produce this engine by Bachmann since this type isn´t blocked away by one of the others (MMI, BLI, AMS just to tell a few...)

But a Sandy River No.24 would be something I definitely would give a warm welcome as I have some Maine Narrow Gauge here too... And the No.24 - to me some kind of "Baby Mudhen", is a precious lil´Lokie. :) :) :)

Kind regards, Tom

Royce Wilson

The 74 is not a large engine unless you want to compare it to small turn of century stuff.

check out:      http://www.riograndesouthern.com/RGSTechpages/_bdwhite/74c.htm

;D  Royce Wilson

amdaylight

I will put my vote in for a Puffing Billy 2-6-2, first it is a 30" locomotive, second it was built by Baldwin and third with a little work you could make one of the Sandy River tender engines. Several narrow gauges in the west used 2-6-2 square tank engines.

Andre

max (uk)

I would have thought another 2-8-0 would be unlikely, but then they released the OF 4-4-0 so I guess its feasible.

However I would rather see a OF 2-6-2, tank or tender (since people could always convert it if they wanted). We have already guessed theres no point in asking for a H... :P

The more I think about it. The more I think a OF 2-6-2 would be a great addition to the On30 range. :)

They could make an IF and a OF like they did with the forneys. Then I would *have* to buy two.  ;D

LurchBird

A 2-6-2, both Inside and Outside Frames, makes sense from a manufacturing perspective. There were a ton of railroads with a 2-6-2, and Baldwin exported them all over the world. I would think that Bachmann would get a lot of mileage out of the tooling.

Mark

Gunslinger_Fur

Wow! This is VERY interesting timing! I was just fiddling with the idea of bashing an On30 C&S/RGS #74 the other day! It would save me a lot of trouble, that's for sure! ;)
I do hope they make it. It is a decent sized locomotive, I'll admit, but I thyink it has attractive lines and it has a uniqueness to it.
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

Dusten Barefoot

I'm with Ossygobbin, I would love a prairie, both and outside frame, and inside frame version, with a tender.

But....................................if we were to get a 2-8-0

I would love to have an inside frame 2-8-0, but not that thing. I'm sorry, but it really doesn't look all too great. How about ET&WNC #6, a great inside frame 2-8-0, or how about the Lawndale 2-8-0 made by Vulcan. It would go greatly with the Lawndale Ventilated boxcar.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

azflyer2001

I like to see Bachmann produce one of the Death Valley Railroad 2-8-0's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DeathValleyRREngine.jpg

It might be a little big as well but It would fit nicely with the OF 2-8-0 and the 4-6-0.

Travis in Mesa