News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New layout and some questions

Started by astrotrain, April 25, 2010, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrotrain

Yes I know about cat hair  ;D .My last track was where their was no door.Now I have a door and the cats only go in when I go in sometimes.I had a hairball derail my train once  :o.They do love to sit on the stools and watch the trains.They just are amazed by them.I think I will be getting the Digitrax zepher system to operate the layout later.Will use DC for now while laying and testing track.Anyone use digitrax.Thanks Bob

pdlethbridge

The hairball express  derailed one of my trains too. Bad kitty! BAD KITTY! I wasn't even modeling the Chessie :o :o :o :o :o :o

Doneldon

Download some barking dog sounds, BIG barking dog sounds, and see how the kitties like that!  I'm not really advocating being cruel, just suggesting another way to let the kitties know that they aren't welcome on the railroad.

I used to record myself calling my dog and then turn it on, position myself to the other side of her and call her myself.  That poor little sweety.  She didn't know whether to s**t or go blind.  God bless her.  I had her for 17 years and putting her down was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do, so hard that I want a dog now but I'm afraid to get one.

--D

OldTimer

Donaldon,
It is tough.  I know.  Have you considered volunteering at the shelter?  Something to think about and very OT, for which I appologize. 
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.