News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroad Photos

Started by Cody J, April 26, 2010, 10:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

It seems to me that I haven't posted or been on here for a while, mainly since I started building my model railroad. So, I thought I would post some pictures of the model railroad still in progress and the cool trains I have seen lately.

View out of NS (Ex-CR) SD50. It had just come down from the nearest NS Yard to replace an SD40-2 for it's 90-Day Inspection. It was stopped and the crew let me sit in the engineer seat, blow the horn, showed us the controls and took us to the engine "room". (I'm not giving any details on the location, date, loco number, etc because I don't want the crew to get in trouble for breaking the rules, so please don't ask)

Looking back behind the engineer seat

Looking forward. In the distance on the siding is a train unloading at the transloading facility.

NS 3335 with 3332 on the rear end in Armstrong Mills, Ohio on 3/20/10 heading east loaded.

NS 3335 at the Farm on 3/20/10.

The Conrail had replaced 3332 and was crossing Captina Creek

NS GP38-2 and two ATSF B23-7s at Mingo Junction Yard on 4/7/10. They are headed to Finger Lakes Railway in New York off of the Ohio Central deadline.

FGLK 2310

OC (Ohio Central) 3304 and 3303 (Ex-CP SD40-2s) leading a loaded garbage train west on the Ex-PRR Panhandle Line. It is just west of Mingo Junction right outside Gould Tunnel.

Now onto the modeling photos:
It is nowhere near done. I still have a lot of detail to do.

Here ATSF B23-7 #6380 and CSX C40-8W lead a train past a UP B23-7. The ATSF is just a dummy while the UP and CSX are powered. The CSX is DCC and the UP is DC.

CSX and ATSF leading a train through the Rock Cut.

CSX and ATSF lead a train through the Rock Cut

Please feel free to post your negative, positive or whatever type of comments you have about my railfanning photos or my model railroad work. Also, feel free to post your model railroad photos and/or railfanning photos.

Cody
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Colorado_Mac

Quote from: trainsrock on April 26, 2010, 10:16:33 PM

Please feel free to post your negative, positive or whatever type of comments you have about my railfanning photos or my model railroad work...

Cody

Love the in-cab shots!  That must have been fun.
When I was young the Chessie System parked an old Alco on a siding near my house and didn't lock the cab.  We, of course, climbed in and imagined we were engineers.  I have some similar shots from that day, but being the 70s, they aren't digital. Maybe I can scan 'em...

Guilford Guy

Delete the loco number, date, and location of the cab shots. You don't want to screw over a crew for letting you in the engine.
Alex

Cody J

CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

ebtbob

Here is a picture from the HOn3 portion of my HO railroad.   Note the photographer in the pic has a stinky problem right behind him!! 

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org