New Christmas Display Layout this year

Started by ryeguyisme, April 28, 2010, 05:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

Well guys, that time of year has come:) and for those of you who anticipated this year's results I have some pictures and Video for you guys to look at, I will be adding more when we open up to the public here at Rockwell Park in Bristol, CT  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsnTUTvCmqU
^and a video on youtube

More to come :)

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

ryeguyisme

Joe Satnik

Dear Rye Guy,

Fantastic.

You put so much work into it. 

Congrats on a job well done. 

You video sure puts me in the Christmas spirit. 

Question; was the stop-and-go action somehow automated, or was someone just working the throttles?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ryeguyisme

Thanks Joe,

actually no one is at the throttle  the stop and go feature uses a lionel gadget that went along with the 151 Semaphore set i believe, it's a track switch that activates via gravity of rolling stock rolling over it. So basically the track before the bridge is isolated in the center rail for about 2 feet(momentum would keep my hudson rolling on) One train would stop while the other one comes from the exit loop and goes around and hits the gravity switch on the other side of the track loop therefore starting the other train.

This concept was in the original American Flyer Layout which was a real eye catcher for most people simply because the trains weren't continuously looping and stopped on occasion. With all the action, it'lll sure bring up an incredible imagination for the thousands of youngster that are going to see it during show which the first day starts tonight :) I'm excited