News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Sidings

Started by geoff, April 28, 2010, 05:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clear Block

Has anyone thought of a "special track pack"
Something in the range of $10-$20 that includes 2 of each special track length/radius.
Such as the short straights, and the curves to match the divergence of the switch.

Doneldon

I needed all sorts of special pieces for the layout I built for my grandson and I just rolled my own.  I didn't even bother to cut out middles and glue the ends together; I just cut a piece to the size I needed and soldered the rails, using the glue which holds the EZ track sections to the roadbed hold the ballast together.  This included cutting ends off of turnouts.  It was all very easy and it works just fine.

--D

Rashputin

While I guess it would be nice to get another piece of track along with the switch, I don't see where the problem is in just cutting and fitting what you want.  After all, a single piece of track will provide several of the needed short sections to bring the switch back in line with the mainline.  Model Railroader mag had a series of videos called, "Dream It, Plan It, Build It", and I've seen someone in another group state that the way both MR and an awful lot of people approach the hobby these days it should have been, "Dream It, Plan It, Buy It".  I can't really imagine a layout where I wouldn't need to custom fit track and I'm quite happy with the Bachmann product line other than perhaps some still wider radius curves and gauntlet track for my bridges.   It saves me a lot of time and is very reliable.  I like the ballest base itself but I plan to spread loose ballest over it at some point to make it even more realistic.  In the mean time, though, any track I lay looks good from the start and can await further refinements.  The only thing I do is paint the sides of the rails and leave the tops clean then lay it down.

Maybe painting the side of the rail is too much to ask of we "modelers" these days, though, so should we start a "paint the rails" campaign.

Regards