Peter Witt Street Car Photos

Started by Bucksco, April 29, 2010, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

Photos of production models of all the new Peter Witt Street Cars have been posted in the photo gallery

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/gallery/O-Scale-Peter-Witt-Streetcars

Enjoy!

MB425

Saw it at York. Looks like Bachmann has hit a home run with this one. Hopefully this is a sign to come...

Cobrabob8

I have to get me a Cleveland Transit trolley. These look like they will be a hot seller!
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

CandO

I ordered the Cleveland streetcar, so far. I must say I like most of the paint schemes - a nice variety.

I have a question:
Will these have illuminated interiors?

MB425

Quote from: CandO on May 02, 2010, 09:41:12 PM
I ordered the Cleveland streetcar, so far. I must say I like most of the paint schemes - a nice variety.

I have a question:
Will these have illuminated interiors?

IIRC, they do have lighted interiors.

CandO

phillyreading

Where do you go to order this streetcar?
It isn't listed under traditional O gauge.

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes:

Hi Lee,

The Peter Witt trolleys are indeed listed in the traditional O gauge category. Go to the Williams section of the website, and click on the link to the traditional O gauge trains. Next, click on the link to electric locos. The "Witts" are listed in the electric loco category.

Sincerely: JP

phillyreading

Hi JP,

Thank you! I know it may seem dumb to some people but Bachmann never said how to order one of these.

I work for a contractor that works for the state of Florida, and if you don't mention exactly what you want done by somebody 'Look Out!' The results will not be anywhere near what you want!

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

Hi Lee,

My suggestion for ordering a WBB product, such as the "Witts", I would try ordering from an actual dealer/retailer, such as Micro Mark, the small hobby tools company. The sell some (but not all) of the WBB product line, and they do advertise the "Witts". According to WBB, the "Witts" are slated for release next month (June), but you may wish to check with WBB on that and also check with Micro Mark to see when they will be receiving a shipment of the "Witts"

phillyreading

Hi JP,

Thanks for the tip on ordering one of these streetcars. However you forgot to mention that they come with STICKER SHOCK!!!!  $229.95 for a single streetcar is what I call sticker shock! I can buy a new diesel engine for the same price and use it to pull a train on my layout, but the streetcars don't have couplers on them.

Lee F.

CandO

Lee,  that price is only the MSRP.  If you go to a WBB dealer, you will find they are much less.

MB425

Marty Bowersock over at Ma & Pa Junction has them on pre-order for $160. May want to give him a call.

jpstrainyard

Micromark's "Super Buy" price for the "Witts" is $137.95 - your chioce of raodname and $125.95 - Micromark's choice of raonname (I would actually avoid this option, because they don't give you the freedom to select the roadname that you want.)

Its good to know that Ma & Pa Junction advertise the "Witts" for $160.00, but if you want a price lower than that, I would go with Micromark.

Mike_AA9ZY

I don't model traction, but the Chicago Surface lines looks good to this northwestern Illinois resident.

How about something in Illinois Terminal next?