News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bell going off in my GG1

Started by DominicMazoch, August 29, 2010, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicMazoch

Sometimes my horn is going off in my GG1.  I am using an MTH750 with the IR remote.  Track is RK Real Tracks, no switches.  Seems to sound off at low votages.  Shut engine down, restart, no problems.  What is causing the bell to activate.

phillyreading

Take off the IR remote control, totally take it out of the circuit and see what happens with just the Z-750.
I have several Williams engines, some with True Blast-2 and others with just the horn or QSI sound system. All my Williams work well with an MTH Z-1000, nothing else hooked up, so I am thinking that the IR remote with the Z-750 is putting something to the track that the engine or sound system don't like.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

Thanks.  Also got some alcohol to clean the track!

phillyreading

Cleaning the track will help. However I read somewhere, most likely on CTT forum, that MTH Realtrax has some major leage problems with it.
The connectors at each track get pushed in and won't make good contact, (if this is the type track I think it is)so you need to gently move the metal piece out about one sixteenth of an inch to make better contact and clean it with a pencil eraser.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

I am going to replace with FastTrack.  I have a 5 inch straight in each curve, so the O-36 will work! 

phillyreading

Be careful of Fastrac, it is not that forgiving when making fancy curves!! Fastrac gets extremely expensive very quick! I had Fastrac for about 8 months until I traded it off at a train show in Broward County FL.
Tubular 031 track is better in my opion, more forgiving and less expensive than plastic roadbed track.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

FT is expensive, but I got some from the Potter set, so i don't have to order any!  Thanks!