Platinum Club, Car and Newsletter

Started by xflyboy, April 29, 2010, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xflyboy

What is up with the Platinum Car, Club and News letter  ??? Last news e-mail was in December.

3rail

Hi xflyboy,

The newsletter will go out in the next few weeks, the car will be arriving in June, and the new car info for 2010 will be sent out in a couple weeks with your 2010 catalog.

Regards,

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

I bought the 2010 combo catalog and there was no mention of the Platinum Club.

gottcent

I signed up for the Platinum Club last summer (2009). The Plasticville tank car was promised for fall 2009, then for spring 2010, then for June 2010. It's now July. WHERE IS THE CAR???
                                                                                    John Gottcent

xflyboy

3 rail said on May 2, 2010 " Few weeks for newsletter, car in June and a couple weeks for sending out my copy of the 2010 catalog ".

Well it's the 4th of July. STILL not a thing! ???????????

Platinum Club R.I.P.

3rail

We are putting the finishing touches on the newsletter now. You will get one this week.

Regards,

3rail

phillyreading

July 9 and still NO Platinum Club Car!!

Is there problems with China shipping it?
I just read an online news article about China's people demanding more wages.

Lee F.

3rail

Dear All,

The cars are shipping now and the email newsletter was just sent today.  We are shipping the cars out as fast as possible, but we have a lot of them to ship. If you don't receive your car by the end of the month, please let us know.

Regards,

3rail

tony@skippystrains

All, I received my e-mail newsletter last week.  In it was a very detailed description with photos of the tank car.  It also stated the delay was caused by new style truck detail and coupler.  I called Bachmann direct to confirm, they reported trying to ship as fast as they could and if you do not receive your car by the end of the month, please contact them.
Tony Fortunato / Skippy's Train Shed

phillyreading

Quote from: 3rail on July 09, 2010, 05:15:01 PM
Dear All,

The cars are shipping now and the email newsletter was just sent today.  We are shipping the cars out as fast as possible, but we have a lot of them to ship. If you don't receive your car by the end of the month, please let us know.

Regards,

3rail

The beginning of August is here, Aug. 2nd @ 4:00 pm EST and still no car in the mail or parcel delivery(Fed-EX or UPS). Just thought that I would post this. South Florida mail is slow at times but I would hope to see my car by August 18th.

Lee F.

phillyreading

Just got ahold of Bachmann and the new delivery date is by August 31st. The shipment of cars just arrived in port is my understanding at this time.

Lee F.

phillyreading

New clubcar for 09 arrived at my house yesterday afternoon, just before I went to work, so I brought it inside and opened after work at night. Very nice, the uncouplers have what looks more like K-Line uncoupler than a Lionel style uncoupler device, the uncoupling is done by electro magnet in an uncoupling track section from what I can see.
It would be really nice to have a second tank car with Plasticville on it.

Lee F.

r0gruth

I was very happy with the old Williams club that allowed selection of a car from their catalog.

I have little interest in fantasy named rolling stock.

If actual railroad names were used on the club cars I might consider joining the club again.
Roger

phillyreading

It may help to lower costs by allowing people to choose from catalog stock rather than do a special run for a clubcar. Williams before Bachmann allowed you to do that.

Normally I would not want fantasy names(that includes cars made just for the holidays!) on my rolling stock either but Plasticville is about the only non realistic car that I would buy.

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

I also like the idea of selecting a car from the catalog when you join the WBB Club. I don't care for fantasy roadnames or fantasy paint schemes, such as Santa Fe warbonnet on tank cars or boxcars which "The Big L and The Big MT..." seem to be into doing now days.
Bob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."