News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas in Large Scale?

Started by calenelson, May 15, 2007, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

This may have been discussed before...

but one wonders why Bachmann doesn't make it's fine Thomas and Friends offerings avail in Large Scale?

I for one would think they'd do well, esp. since the Lionel units are so hard to find nowadays. 

So Bach-Man, what say you?

thx
cale

Nathan

I know licenseing is part of the problem.

If Bachmann does get the large scale license I hope they buy the Lionel line.

Our club's first Thomas had over 4000 hours on it when we had to replace the motor and over 6000 when the drive gears went bad.

The only realy problem was with the single axel trucks.  I pinned the rear truck on Clarable so it would not rotate and we reduced derailments by 90%.

We have over 2000 hours on our second Thomas, bought used, and have had no problems.  We purchased a third used unit for backup, but it has problems with R1 curves so we use it only when we can have R3 or larger avaliable.  We also take it to train shows so we have one at the club and one at the show running.

Because of the times we may be operating on temporary track on rough surfaces we did change out the couplers to LGB link and pins, this reduced unwanted uncoupling.

We have purchased a used James that does have some minor running problems but on good track is seems to do okay.

Nathan

the Bach-man

Dear Cale,
I'd love it, but Lionel does indeed have the license in Large Scale.
Have fun!
the Bach-man