News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ELY-THOMAS SHAY #82197 G GAGE

Started by dum, April 28, 2007, 07:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dum

I am looking for info to install a decoder in this loco.  Any help is appreciated since Bachmann has not been able to offer anything.  I have a DCC wiring drawing which indicates a decoder with colored wires, but no indication how the wires are used.  I installed a decoder in a 3 truck Shay which was a piece of cake since the drawing for it had a chart noting the wire connections.  Nothing like that has been presented to me for this loco.  If somebody has the info for the decoder colored wires and can forward it would be appreciated. :o

Bob.

dum

I do not see an answer to this question from Mr. Bach Man

dum

I was told by mangement at Bachmann that an answer to my question related to DCC installation in this loco would be answered by the Bachman.  How long do I need to wait before an answer will be available?

Steve Stockham

I'll jump in since no one else is helping. First, I don't know much about DCC but I do know where to get some good information! I would direct you to www.mylargescale.com and then register and go to the forums.
Under Power and Sound you will find a dedicated forum to DCC. You will find your answers there! Good luck! :)

dum

Steve, Thanks for the info and I will go to the site.  This still does not answer my question as to why the Backman does not make a comment since the mangement of Bachmann indicted that he would answer my question when I called >:( their technical dept.

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
I haven't installed DCC in any of my Shays; I have no idea why someone in service thinks I have. I'll see if I can find someone who has done this.
Have fun!
the Bach-man