News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New catalog?

Started by mike d, April 21, 2010, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike d

I just downloaded the 2010 catalog. Other than a handful of new items, nothing is new or different from last years catalog. I was under the impression that you guys were going to do a few different roadnames with each run and cycle through all of the existing roadnames over the course of a few years. I was also under the impression that the locos were going to be run with new road numbers with the new run. Has there been a change of plan? Are you only going to offer the same roadnames and roadnumbers every year with just a few new items?

3rail

Dear Mike,

We don't run every product every year.  There has not been a change of plans. Road names will be added and deleted and road numbers will change.  You should not expect the entire line to change every year.

Regards,
3rail

mike d

3rail,

Thanks for your reply. I must say I am confused. With the exception of a few new road names, a flat car and the Peter Witt's, every road name on every item in the last three catalogs is the same. The road numbers are the same as they have been. I have been wanting the 72' heavyweight add-on in U.P. ever since I bought my four car set and my scale Hudson, six years ago. The last three catalogs have had the same road names on the heavyweights. None have been deleted, none have been added. I want a U.P. U-boat in a new number. That loco has been produced with #2422 for the last few runs. I want a U.P. Geep or two in a new road number. The last several runs all had #720. The U.P. E7B has had the same road number since it was introduced. I want another one of those as well, but I won't buy one with the same number.

I will mention that the new NS Executives are generating lots of interest. Many folks on the OGR forum have expressed an interest in an ABBA set, but are not interested in two "B" units with the same number. The lack of desire to offer new numbers is keeping a lot of people from buying new locos. I am one of those.

Regards,
Mike

3rail

Hi Mike,

You are right about those UP engines, but there have been other cab number changes from the 2008 catalog until now. Many GP-9's have new numbers, as well as Scale GG-1's and FA-1's to name a few. 

Regards,

3rail

mike d

3rail,

Thanks again for your reply. I only model U.P., so I haven't noticed the cab numbers on locos in other road names. Would you please give me some idea about when we might see new cab numbers on the U.P. locos I mentioned?  When might I expect the U.P. 72' heavyweight add-on's? I know it is standard business practice to keep these kind of things under wraps, but I would really appreciate a little info. if you don't mind sharing.

Regards,
Mike