News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help Identafying this

Started by pcctrolleyII, May 07, 2010, 06:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcctrolleyII

Can any one help me I.D. This i took it at frankford juncion in philadelphia pa.  Its a trussle with the letter R showing i would like some help with I.Ding the posable railroad it could have been.

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Railfaner83/?action=view&current=SAM_0149.jpg
PCC trolleys for life.

Doneldon

I'm not sure what you're asking.  This photo is of a Dash8-40CW and an SD70M-2 crossing a plate girder bridge in an urban area someplace.  This is not a trestle (mispelled in the caption as "trussle"). 

pcctrolleyII

i checked the link it leads right to the trestle. hmmm i wanted to know what the R stood for that i seen on a trestle at frankford junvtion in Philadelphia pa.

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Railfaner83/?action=view&current=SAM_0149.jpg here is the link again in case i did some thing wrong the first time. Sorry about that. seems to happen to me alot.   :-[
PCC trolleys for life.

Guilford Guy

Reading?

On a similar note, has anyone seen the deck girder in the Ardsley area with "LIONEL" stenciled on the side?
Alex

pcctrolleyII

I was thinking the same thing but, i could be wrong. No i haven't seen it sorry.
PCC trolleys for life.

Jim Banner

Nope, sorry, no trestle at my end either.  Possibly you are pulling that out of your computer's cache.  An R on the trestle could be for Restricted Speed.  One under it could be for Restricted Height, although actual height in feet or metres is more common.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pcctrolleyII

That's could be a possibility
PCC trolleys for life.

Colorado_Mac

i see the picture just fine, and in my opinion the "R" is just a faded, partially painted over ad. 
"PENN CENTRAL", perhaps?

Terry Toenges

I only see two bridges. No locos.
Feel like a Mogul.

mabloodhound

Both links take me to the plate girder bridge; no trestle!   Not sure what's wrong.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

pcctrolleyII

Its in my album should be the first picture if you can't get it Via link. sorry for those whocan't and maybe.
PCC trolleys for life.

Jhanecker2

That  "R" is white  on black   paint and is on a lower layer of paint that has been overpainted in blue . But that definitely is a plate girder bridge , The rust patterns were interesting , I couldn't  figure out if it was some sort of mural or just rust until I zoomed in for a closer look. John II

ebtnut

Given the location at Frankford Jct., I think that it probably said "Reading".  That looks like an old Reading electrified service catenary bridge over the tracks. 

Doneldon

ebtnut-

Good eye!

--D

pcctrolleyII

Hmmm that ws my first thought but, i fugired i could have been wrong so i let you guys look at it to see what you could make of it. I trust i lot of you know about railroads and this is why i brang it to you guys. ^_^
PCC trolleys for life.