News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

28 ton Climax

Started by ebranden, May 16, 2010, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebranden

I just purchased this Climax off eBay, and was wondering If sound could be installed in this DCC Bachmann Climax?

Will this installation be a mere plug and play, and something that I can do myself, or must it be sent back to Bachmann for this installation?

I appreciate any help you folks can give......................Brandy

ScottyB

The Micro Tsunami will fit in it just fine.  I think it's the 1.1" speaker that you need.

Not quite plug and play - the Tsunami does not have an 8-pin plug, but if you solder one onto it, it becomes plug and play!

How to wire:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/nswmn2/DCC_files/image003.gif

Two more wires to the speaker and you are set.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

ebranden

Thanks for the help ScottyB.......................Eric

ebranden

ScottyB, where does the speaker install on this engine. I removed the Lumber load out of the tender,and there is a circuit board. I guess that this is part of the DCC decoder. Which doesn't leave any room for a speaker. :-\     I appreaciate all of the help.........Brandy!

I did visit the SoundTraxx site,and found an excellent array of different whistles and sounds for this engine.

ScottyB

The speaker installs underneath that circuit board.  It's been a while since I did the install on my Climax.  I'm pretty sure I removed the four screws that held in that board and put the speaker underneath.  Then reinstalled the original circuit board.

I think I had to add a piece of electrical tape to the top of the speaker since it is in close proximity to the circuit board and might short it out.

When you remove that board, you will see the pre-drilled holes for the speaker.  Measure it first, but I'm pretty sure it was a 1.1" speaker that fits there, just not 100% sure.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

ebranden

Thanks again ScottyB................................Eric