News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BACHMANN E-Z DCC AND DIGITRAX DECODERS

Started by jwoj69, May 17, 2007, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoj69

CAN DIGITRAX BE PROGRAMMED WITH E-Z DCC FOR USE WITH LOW VOLTAGE DIODES? CAN YOU USE E-Z DCC TO PROGRAM SPEED ON ANY DECODER EVEN BACHMANN?

Hunt

E-Z Command Control Center can only program a decoder's primary address (limited to addresses 1 â€" 9) and the direction of travel. Can not program other CVs.

Click http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/newez/index.php?ezpage=4   for more info.

WoundedBear

Sure would be nice if B-mann offered a programming add-on for EZC.

anoldrail

Hunt

Thanks for the link to Dynamis, that unit does seem to fill the void between the original Bachmann DCC controler and the other brands that have more function.  I have the Bachmann DCC controler and would love to see the price on the Dynamis unit when it becomes available.  Like jowj69, I too am on disability and I can understand is disappointment with costs.  Just maybe Bachmann has found the way to help us out.  Again thanks for the link

Regards
Dick
Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

fieromike

Quote from: anoldrail on June 04, 2007, 08:18:04 PM
Hunt

Thanks for the link to Dynamis, that unit does seem to fill the void between the original Bachmann DCC controler and the other brands that have more function.  I have the Bachmann DCC controler and would love to see the price on the Dynamis unit when it becomes available.  Like jowj69, I too am on disability and I can understand is disappointment with costs.  Just maybe Bachmann has found the way to help us out.  Again thanks for the link

Regards
Dick
According to the Dynamis site, the UK list price will be ~$180USD for the BASIC system.
You folks fussing about the E-Z DCC being limited in capabilities need to look at what you paid for it.  How many do you want at $50-75 on everyone's favorite auction site?  It is a very basic, very limited, cheapo product for the less informed to spend their money on.  The best thing (IMO) that it is good for is giving the buyer a bad taste in the mouth for DCC and Bachmann.
Don't judge all DCC systems by this one!  Digitrax, NCE, and others make very good starter systems that retail for less that $200 and can usually be found for WAY less than that.  I decided I wanted to buy NCE and found a very lightly used PowerCab system for about $75 on that auction site.  I was fortunate to get it that low, but they are out there if you look.  I'm on disability myself, so I need to pinch my hobby dollars as tightly as most, so I did a lot of research before buying, and I'm extremely happy with my decision.

Mike

conradin

I intend to turn my current EZ DCC system into a programming track when I have money to buy a good system.