News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

is another big engine coming soon?

Started by Heinz D, June 01, 2010, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz D

Hi
does anybody know what will the next large scale engine be? Till now we got the largest one ever built Bachmann engine, the Rio Grande K-27. What will coming next from Bachmann? A C-18, a C-19, a K-28 or maybe a K-36?
Does somebody knowing something about?

Heinz

mickeykelley

It's so top secret that they could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.  So is it really worth it??????????????  Or just enjoy the anticipation?????????

armorsmith

Actually the Mallet was the newest of the large scale engines released by Bachmann.  As for the future.....that's any one's guess. ;D ;D ;D

Bucksco

The Forney is the newest large scale locomotive.

mudhen

My thoughts on another G scale, Narrow Gauge engine coming soon, are as followes.
Why would Bachmann spend thousands upon thousands of dollars tooling, duplicating engine all ready out there. The C-16 by Aristocraft, C19 & K28 by Accucraft and Logging engines are almost complete too. The Shay, Climax, and Heistler, and some with auxiliary tenders , and in different tonnages too.
The Forney is great too. Many road names no even done by Bachmann, can still be done.
To think that Bachmann, has not even finished with changes they can make to there K-27 line
Like different cabs, tenders, and paint schemes. Example.... # 453 with a green boiler, an other engines tender like #456, larger head lights front and rear and even different types of snow plows. Some cabs like # 455 in 1951 only had the rear window on both sides, the front one removed and filled in.   
My guess is we will just have to wait for the next big Train Show or Convention to see what the Bachmann crew has to supprise for Us.
Anticipation is wonderfull, but on the other hand it sucks big time. What ever it is, I know it will be as good or even better than what they have produced already. They my raise the bar again. we can only hope so.
God, Listen to me, you would almost think I worked for Bachmann, I don't, wish I did. Did I say that with my outside voice ?
Love there Narrow Gauge stuff.   

armorsmith

Jack, et al,

I may have mis-understood the comment, in that I read it to mean in the larger size narrow gauge locomotives, not necessarily large scale in general.

Large scale in general, Jack is right, the Forney is the latest.  In size the Mallet is the latest.  I hope this clears up my comment.

Bob C.

Kevin Strong

QuoteWhy would Bachmann spend thousands upon thousands of dollars tooling, duplicating engine all ready out there. The C-16 by Aristocraft, C19 & K28 by Accucraft and Logging engines are almost complete too.
One would hope for the same reason they did the K-27, which was also done by Accucraft--to bring one out at a price that the common man can afford. I'd snap up a C-19 in a heartbeat. The EBT had one that's just begging to be modeled, but I'm not going to spend the $2500 - $3K for the Accucraft one to cut up and toss half of it.

Of course, a smaller 2-8-0 would be nice, too--something like this, perhaps?

more here: http://tinyurl.com/EBT2803

Later,

K

samevans

Given the current economic situation if I were Bachmann I'd  take the Centennial 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 and update them.  A mix of steel and/or more modern wooden cabs, smooth or fluted domes, air brakes, Lima style Arc head lights or electric headlights , extended smokeboxes, shotgun stacks, and tenders modified for coal or oil firing rather than wood.  This upgrading  was done on real railroads.  The resulting locos may have more appeal than the old-time fprm, and require less new tooling than a brand new loco thus getting a better return on the earlier tooling..

Kevin Strong

QuoteI'd  take the Centennial 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 and update them.
That'd be nice, too...

Later,

K

samevans

Possibly including a choice of domes /tender tops?

Heinz D

Hi to all,
wondefull modells Kevin. Accucraft is a very expensive brand. Most of us don't touch a modell in this price range. Nobody like to loose the collector value. Bachmann engines with their lower price as Accucraft are wonderfull material for such scratchbuilding fun as Kevin is showing us.

3 different scales for rolling stock.  ??? Since many decades of years we had 1:24 (US 1/2" to 1 foot) and the European Gauge IIm 1:22,5, known as LGB. Look in 25 years old Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazettes and you'll find many half scale stock. We have since some years the back calculated scale of 45 mm model-trackgauge to 3 foot Narrow Gauge: 1:20,3.
With the falling down of LGB to a really small branch-business of the Märklin group, the scale 1:22,5  is no more really common for US NG.

The Aristo classic line with their C-16 is wonderfull. I have them all three genuine from Delton locomotive works. Originally they was constructed as halfscale 1:24, but I was in Gunisson climbing up on the 268 and took the prototype dimensions. In reality the cab hight is exactly 1:22,5. But these modells are really small at the side of 1:20,3 modells.

Some 1:22,5 rolling stock is now to small and has to be replaced by 1:20,3. Two ways to do that. Blow up 1:22,5 by scratchbuilding practice, or sold by ebay and buying new from Bachmann in the fitting scale. Which way is the better one? I think the answer is not for every modell the same. About these reasons I've postet my question about news of coming soon big prototype large scale engines like the Rio Grande engines.

Maybe somebody knows something about this topsecret affair  ::)

Heinz

jsmvmd

Dear Friends, Mr. Lynch et al,

With the tooling on hand, I would like to buy an Indy, or three !  Just love those little pullers !  Of course, marketing and economics prevail.  Just my two centavos.

Best Wishes,

Jack
Altoona, PA

Udo

Hello together !
I have just received an "INDUSTRIAL MOGUL" (Indy ?) from Bachmann Shanghai.
A few days earlier, they offered this as "NEW".
It is item No. 91552
2-6-0 MIDWEST QUARRY & MINING CO No. 3
I cannot find this loco in any catalogue, so I guess this is a new one.
Or is it just the rest of the old one, sold in 2002? But this was No. 1 I guess.
Hope it is a new one and will be available in the US also.
I think, a lot of people look forward to a tiny loco like this !

Udo