Photos of ICRR #2542 and scenes in Southern MS along the IC

Started by Stephen Warrington, May 18, 2007, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

Hi Guys,

I posted this link on the HO forum for Lanny and others wanting detailed shots of a IC 4-8-2 and thought I would also share them here for people in other scales.

Here's the link to the collection.
http://steve.bill--porter.com/photos_taken_on_may_the_13th.htm

Enjoy,

Stephen

lanny

Hi all,

Just to mention that the photos Stephen took are really nice. Even if you are not an ICRR steam 'fanatic' like I am, take a look at them. Some of the best closeup detail shots I've seen as well as wonderful general RR shots.

Again, thanks Stephen, for your efforts in making these wonderful photos available.

lanny nicolet

BTW, Stephen, the latest series has a real bonus for me ... some absolutely wonderful closeup of the ICRR sand valves on their sand domes. Very different from other RR sand valves! I have been looking for some really clear closeups for some time. I think Ray B (Orsonroy) and other ICRR fans will agree.
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen Warrington

;) Hi Lanny, your most welcome and glad I could be of some help. Ia,looking on Ebay now for some Bachmann 4-8-2s I just got a 2-8-0 for 60 bucks and thinking of gettng a short vandy tender for it and putting it into the 900 series.

Last batch are uploading now.

Stephen

lanny

Thanks again, Stephen,

Got them all downloaded. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! This has now become my next kit bash project (#2542).

Here's the only photo I have of a 900 series ICRR 2-8-0 Vandy (Ray B no doubt has many more ... in fact I think I go this one from Ray).

lanny
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen Warrington

;D Hi Lanny I got that photo and several others stored away of IC 2-8-0s with short Vandy tenders.

Pretty quiet here today built some old MDC IC hoppers and got 4 Atlas U33Cs to add Kadees to and add the handrails ect. on. Can't leave the house having major stomach problems today.

Stephen