News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&O BL2 unpowered

Started by raider409, June 15, 2010, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

Looking for a Williams unpowered BL2 in C&O.  If anyone has one they want to part with, please let me know.  They came out when the BL2's were first introduced, and were labled  BL206,  C&O, BL2 Dummy A, Cab #84.  Thanks, Steve  csxengr13@comcast.net

DominicMazoch

I don't think the BL's have come out unpowered rectently.

Joe Satnik

Dear raider409,

In my Williams Contemporary Line catalogs, Winter '03-'04 and Winter '04-'05, only powered BL2s were offered.

If you are determined, and can't find an older dummy version, I suppose you could buy a powered version, then ask someone who wants to add power and sound to a dummy (Budd car, Shark, GP9, GP38, F7, FA-1 or Genesis) to exchange trucks with you. 

Hope this Helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

3rail

Dear Steve,

We only made dummy units on the first run of BL-2, SD-90, Scale GG-1's, U33c, and Dash 9' s.  They did not sell very well, so we stopped making them.  They are fairly uncommon to find, but you could follow Joe's suggestion, or just run 2 powered units.

Regards,
3rail

Cobrabob8

I agree, run two powered units. I do that with some of my Lionel GPs and RS3s. ;D
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."