News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Aftermarket HO F40PH Stirrup Steps

Started by DBriel1966, June 23, 2010, 06:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBriel1966

I would like to know if you or another model railroad manufacturer plans to produce some HO METAL stirrup steps for the F40PH. I recently repowered an older HO BACHMANN-Pre Spectrum AMTRAK PHASE III #350 F40PH with Athearn and PPW-Aline repowering parts. I removed the original PLASTIC stirrup steps from the original BACHMANN F40PH shell since they now interfere with the new power trucks turning on tight radius curves. David Briel A CSX and AMTRAK fan.

ABC

If you contact places that specialize in detail parts and they get enough requests, it could happen. Although, the Bachmann would probably be more than happy to forward your suggestion, I do not see it happening, but then again you never know.

the Bach-man

Dear David,
Try Details West:
http://www.detailswest.com/
The Walther's catalog has other suppliers as well, such as Detail Associates.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

CNE Runner

I am just beginning the process of converting the Bachmann MDT into a credable model of the Plymouth WDT (which it approximates). Along with removing/filling some body parts, I will remove and replace the grab rails with wire versions. There is something like 10 grab (hand) rails that need replacing (I will not replace the large front hand rail).

In the past, I have tried making my own grab rails with dubious results. I have usually resorted to purchasing ready-made units from firms such as Details West, et. al. Because the Plymouth's grab rails are so differing in size I decided to 'bite the bullet' and purchase the Grabhandler Wire Bending Tool from Micro Mark. This nifty little device will allow you to make grab rails in any one of 21 sizes from 0.050" to 1.050" in 0.50" increments. The downside of the tool is its cost at $46.95 + shipping.

Frankly, if you are in need of standard sized grab rails, I would order them from one of the aforementioned vendors. If you require grab rails of differing (or unusual sizes), I would consider the Grabhandler.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Doneldon

CNE -

I think you mean 0.05 - 1.05 in 0.05 increments.

-- D

CNE Runner

Yep D you got me...I modified my previous post to read 0.050" to 1.050" in 0.050" increments.

Thanks for the catch,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"