News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale Water pumps

Started by Kris Everett, June 23, 2010, 07:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

how do u go about plumbing those HO scale water pumps

also dose bachmann sell or make any spike to put in to the EZ track system to keep the pieces in place

Doneldon

TB16 -

Plumbing the water pumps (I assume you mean on steamers) varies from loco to loco so there isn't a single answer.

No, Bachmann doesn't make EZ Track nails.  You don't need them.  Just use some plastic-compatible construction adhesive.  It's quicker and easier, plus, it'll eliminate the risk of causing track defects by putting nails in too deeply.
                                                                                      -- D

richg

Quote from: trainboy16 on June 23, 2010, 07:12:18 PM
how do u go about plumbing those HO scale water pumps

also dose bachmann sell or make any spike to put in to the EZ track system to keep the pieces in place

Show us "those HO scale water pumps". A photo would be nice.

Rich

ABC

I think he is referring to the Bachmann machine that you can use for live running water/waterfalls. I misspoke, they are currently in stock at Bachmann, sorry about that.

richg

Quote from: trainboy16 on June 23, 2010, 07:30:46 PM
here it is

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/trainboy16/Picture0020.jpg

Ok, good. Now I know what you mean. Below is a link that will give you a lot of info for this device. There should be plenty of info but you will have to do some reading. Store the links you like in Favorites for future use.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bachmann%20trains%20water%20pumps&hl=en&ned=us&tab=nw

Have fun. Looks interesting.

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear Trainboy,
The pump is placed at the bottom of the watercourse, and the neoprene tube delivers the water to the top. Aquarium stores sell similar setups. However, real water doesn't look "real" on most layouts, and can be a big headache.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Kris Everett

do u know what size the tube is

im constantly ruin the pumps trying to get the tubes on and then there useless!

i dont want to keep wasting my money :)

richg

Quote from: Kris Everett on June 24, 2010, 08:47:18 AM
do u know what size the tube is

im constantly ruin the pumps trying to get the tubes on and then there useless!

i dont want to keep wasting my money :)

Below is one of the links from the Google search that says, 1/4 inch tubing. I am surprised this is giving you trouble.

http://www.amazon.com/Bachmann-Trains-Mini-Water-Pump/product-reviews/B0006O83KO

Rich

Kris Everett

I hate to say it but i may have been using the wroung size ill have to goto wal-mart to see what size it was

richg

Home Depot, Lowe's and tropical fish shops may be some help.

Rich

Kris Everett

ok thank you ill keep them in mind its rain here to day  so cant go no where to day

richg

Quote from: Kris Everett on June 24, 2010, 11:45:51 AM
ok thank you ill keep them in mind its rain here to day  so cant go no where to day

Yeah, that can keep you at home. Fortunately where I live we have severe clear right now but with thunderstorms following.

Rich

Doneldon

Any good hardware store will have all sizes of tubing for sale by the foot.

Kris Everett