Bachmann 4-6-0 and Wiseman Whaleback tender kit

Started by kcsivils, June 10, 2010, 02:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcsivils

Has anyone tried to use Keith Wiseman's 1/4 scale whaleback tender kit yet with one of the Bachmann 4-6-0s?

I have one of these kits and it is NICE! It will fit on another conversion project I purchased it for, but would like to know how well it fits on one of the new Bachmann 4-6-0s if someone has tried that conversion.

Thanks!

railtwister

This has been mentioned on other groups lately, and the general consensus seems to be that the 4-6-0 loco is so large that it tends to dwarf tenders from any other available On30 locos, or aftermarket types, including the whalebacks (SP personnel called them "haystacks").

Regards,
Bill

madmike3434

I WAS TALKING TO PETER MCPARLIN AT BACKWOODS MINIATURES IN ENGLAND WHEN I WAS ORDERING THE SPECIAL TANK SETUP FOR THE 2.6.6.2 AND THE 3RD TRUCK SYSTEM FOR THE CLIMAX ALONG WITH THE WINCH DETAIL SET.
I MENTIONED THE WISEMAN WHALEBACK TENDER FOR THE 2.6.6.2 AND HE SAID THAT HAS JUST SENT OUT HIS WHALEBACK MASTER OF THE TENDER TO HIS RESIN CASTER.  I HAVE SEEN THE PICTURES OF THE COMPLETED MODEL ON HIS SITE AND VARIOUS GROUPS.   THE SUPER HIGH QUALITY RESIN PARTS ARE REALLY HIGH QUALITY IN DETAIL, FAR EXCEEDING THE WISEMAN OFFERING. ITS VERY APPARENT  IN THE PICTURES.
I AM A CUSTOMER OF BOTH SELLERS.

ACCORDING TO PETER THE WHALEBACK TENDER IS ONLY 4 1/2" LONG. HE THOUGHT THAT THE 2.6.6.2 WOULD SUIT THE WHALEBACK AND ALSO THE 4-6-0
MIKE LYNCH...........MADMIKE3434