News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My new layout plan

Started by Spawn of Chaos, February 06, 2007, 01:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn of Chaos

If I wanted to use this for the Walthers GN Empire Builder complete set, what changes would I have to make?

I'm adding a yard where the one track makes a run for it off the bottom lol

Oh and it's going to be turned 90 degrees to the right in actuality.

And there are some plain white lines on there, those were tracks that I don't want/need.

Enlarge it to read the captions on the picture, but be warned: it's huge!

SteamGene

It seems to me that you have reduced the operational features of the original.   Will you have enough space for a turntable large enough to turn large articulateds?  If you are going to get a Rivarossi Big Boy, make sure it's a new one. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Bill Baker

Chaos,

Looks like a really cool layout. Watch out for your reversing loop, it will require special insulation and wiring.  Also be aware you will have to match your 3 stall roundhouse to the indexing of your turntable.  That's assuming its a powered turntable.  If it's manual, you won't have much of a problem. 
Bill

pdlethbridge

make sure the turntable and roundhouse is within easy, easy, easy reach. If I've learned anything in the years we've had a turntable / roundhouse, it's hard to fix problems if you can't reach it. :-[

Hoople

Looks good. Just watch out for that reverse loop. You'll need to wire it in a different way.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

ben_not_benny

The layout looks great, what's its size?

Hoople

Quote from: Ben Wang on February 06, 2007, 05:41:57 PM
The layout looks great, what's its size?

From the grid, It looks like a 10' by 5'.
-Hoople-

jschmid

Walthers Gn empire builders doesnt consist of a big boy . its new tooling to cpmplete the train for some F units, which i think will look great and even better then intermountain and athearn combined

jschmid

BIG BEAR

Great looking layout, I think you have improved the look of this one.
You took out just the right, not needed tracks.

Enjoy it!
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Hoople

-Hoople-

Paul M.

You're going to run the Walthers Empire Builder on THAT ! You might want to enlarge the layout a lot so the train doesn't have the "chasing-its-tail" effect. :o  Otherwise, it looks pretty good. :)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific