Please share if attending the NMRA convention

Started by kcsivils, July 07, 2010, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

It's to late to jinx it this year, so we  may as well let off a bit of steam. But Come next month, it's back to 'that which can't be named ' territory for another year. sigh
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

C.S.R.R. Manager

I hope you guys get what you are asking for, partially so that you can move on to complaining that it's not the exact sort of Heisler you want, and partially so that I can avoid having to buy another rod loco that my railroad really doesn't need, but which I just can't resist. ;^)

But seriously, photos from Milwaukee would be greatly appreciated.

Manager

NarrowMinded

Words to your heisler song

Oh please mr bachmann don't be a miser, break loose with the molds and make me a heisler, long and lean no rods to be seen, loud and bold, so many will be sold, oh please mr bachmann make her last for years, keep all your plastic and fill her with brass gears, oh please mr bachmann make our heisler dreams come true, please mr bachmann you know what you must doooooo.

Linzthom

O M G  !!!!!!!      ;D :o :o :o  Man, where did that come from.???? Talk about left field!!!! You haven't been knocking back the turps  have you, NM ?? :D :D :D
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Tomcat

Outstanding. Can´t find a word to describe my feelings: THIS IS IT!!!!
Thanks NarrowMinded: You made my day!!!! :P :P :P

Now it´s up the Bach-man to make our day, eh´months, eh´years to come....
And not to wait any longer for a ..... S-I-N-G it... :D :D :D

Cheers, Tom ;)

NarrowMinded

No Lenz-, maybe a little too much time glueing plastic but Tomcat had asked for a song to sing for the heisler, so I could not resist.

NM

ChrisS

as nice as NM's lyrics are, they're incorrect... we do want rods...... heisler axles are connected to each other via side rods..............    ;D

NarrowMinded

I claim poetic license, all the geared loco have a rod driving them somewhere in the drive train.

NM

ScottyB

I'll be there Saturday and will post any pics hopefully that evening.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

C.S.R.R. Manager

ScottyB

Okay, I know I promised pictures, but the Porter models they had on display are the identical models photographed in the downloadable brochure.  Not a finalized paint job at all.  Best I can tell, both models look nearly identical to the originally released ones.  My photos will not be nearly as good as the ones that have already been published.

Unfortunately, every time I passed the booth Lee was busy talking (surprise) so I didn't get a chance to ask about the speaker or decoder specifications.  Plus, I had my two-year-old and it turns out he is not the least bit interested in static models.

I'll look over the few photos I did take and if I find any reason to post them I will.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

JohnR

Scott -

How many On30 layouts were on display at NTS?  I'm assuming Bachmann's display layout was there as a given. 

-John

C.S.R.R. Manager

Thanks Scott, no problem at all.  You never know how these things will turn out. 

I did find a blog by Jeff Shultz at Model Railroad Hobbyist, which covers some of the NTS, although it is obviously HO and N centric.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/blog/jeffshultz

Manager

Rusty

Sorry to disappoint, John.  There was only one On30 layout there that I saw at the NTS, and it was a small one (about 4 x 4 or smaller.)  Basically an oval running around a small farm building.  Pretty well done for the most part.

No On30 layout at the Bachmann display, just the Porters.

Rusty

JohnR

Wow!  For as popular as On30 supposedly is, you'd have thought that there would have been at least one decent sized display layout.

Well ... maybe next year....

-John