News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

crazy-eyed toby

Started by xero1123, July 11, 2010, 05:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xero1123

Hi all, I just bought the Bachmann Toby model, and after I opened it, I noticed that while the left eye stared straight ahead, the right eye stared off to the right (my left). I took off the faceplate to mess around with it and I think I've got it back on ok, but I'm on vacation and can't run it to make sure they move correctly. One peg behind the eye was longer than the other. I tried putting them back in the slots but I think one went in and one didn't. Really, I'm just confused. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

jettrainfan

if you still got the recit, you can send it to bachmann services, they'll fix it or replace it, if not, it'll cost $15. Hope this helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

xero1123

awesome thanks! I'm gonna try to avoid that route (Should have probably said that lol). I'm gonna try taking it back to the store and seeing if they'll return it

Cheeky_ULP

This is quite common actually. Some models on the assembly line get some oddball eyes. :P

xero1123

I believe that but I just hope that I don't have to send it out and wait for it to come back. They better not charge me either.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: xero1123 on July 11, 2010, 11:34:05 PM
I believe that but I just hope that I don't have to send it out and wait for it to come back. They better not charge me either.
Well, tomorrow is Monday so The Bachmann will be back to answer your questions.  ;)

James The Red Engine

Lets see... Toby, Henry, Salty, Thomas, and Bertie.  Bachmann really needs to check the eyes on their models and a while. >:(

PasqualeCS96

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: James The Red Engine on July 13, 2010, 01:59:06 AM
Lets see... Toby, Henry, Salty, Thomas, and Bertie.  Bachmann really needs to check the eyes on their models and a while. >:(
Thomas models are made on assembly lines in China. Checking every model for minor inconveniences like that occasionally would just be a costy waste of time.

James The Red Engine

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 13, 2010, 09:51:58 AM
Bertie's eyes move?  ???

No, my model has the one eye painted on wrong.