Have you recently built your first Garden Railway?

Started by Bucksco, July 13, 2010, 04:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erichards

I started about one year ago. So far it is all Bachmann rolling stock. I have three outside frame connies, three annie ten wheelers, and one big hauler ten wheeler from the D&S starter set.

Here are some recent scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKj4vi4-1UI

gunrunner

i have a very unimaginative oval under my patio cover.
i will be very happy to discuss this at length.

Karl Reichenbach

Jack,
Sorry I did not reply sooner.  My garden railroad has been under construction since 2004, and is still a work in progress.

To date there is a little under 1000' of track.  I run only Bachmann engines and have at least 2 of all of the geared engines, along with a connie and several 4-6-0's.  All of my rolling stock is Bachmann.

My railroad is a narrow gauge logging and mining, and general freight short line set in the late 40's to early 50"s.

I would be happy to talk to Bachmann.

Karl

bhamm1

I am building, with about 350' of track on the ground, in two loops, including a 30' bridge to do the overlap, a pond, bridges, and 7 Bachmann locomotives.  I am building in 20.3 mining and logging track, and making my own switches.  I am having fun.

Sleeping Bear

Would be happy to talk ...but as of now, I am still collecting piece's and planing the overall design of the lay out. How ever, I do have a small oval of track, 5 loco's( only 2 Bachmann, so far), a costom Christamas set(my design, based around a NP&S Raindeer transport) , a train for the wife(goodies of sorts) that started with a Bachmann 4-6-0 Santa Fe and a Liberty Bell LTD set I got with the 2 extra cars(baggage,combine,pullman,obs.) Love the PRR and coal fired steam stuff. My HO stuff is heavy with Bachmann, as well as my N. But being a diehard LVRC guy, My pride and joy is my ART. RS-3 in my own paint. Bachmann REALLY needs to put out some ALCO Diesels, or ALCO's in general(RS-3 PLEASE) ;D But like I said ...ask away.  Gerry
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

bdelmo

I have recently (September 2010) completed my first garden railway after breaking down my indoor large scale layout several years ago.  It is an over and under single circle inside another larger circle with LGB sectional track on Railbed Systems metal roadbed all elevated in a space approximately 27' by 23' yard area.  I am almost finished with installing rail clamps on all track connections.  I have reasonable grades to run my two DCC engines and more railbed supports on order to brace an elevated siding.  It has 5' diameter curves, so I am limited to my large scale Bachmann Porters steam (round boiler now, square on order) and large scale Bachmann GE 45 ton diesel until I install DCC in my other smaller engines, including a large scale Bachmann Mining/Industrial Mogul 2-6-0 (help needed here). I also have a Bachmann Anniversary 4-6-0 that I am troubleshooting to get back running with DCC and sound added.

I also helped construct the garden railway at Longwood Gardens back in August, where I run my large scale Bachmann Spectrum Consolidation 2-8-0 and Bachmann Spectrum Mogul.