Hobby Lobby Discontinuing All Model Railroad Inventory

Started by ABC, July 17, 2010, 03:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMWTRR

Same thing here in Houston.  All of the hobby lobbys are getting out of the Model rail road business. It is a shame,  they did not have a lot but they always had a good selection of figures and scenery materials.

I live on the southeast side of the city and the one other hobby shop in this area closed down. Fortunately we have few down town but a longer drive.

I know in this economy it is tough for the brick and mortar shops but I loved to go check out the equipment in the real worl  :(

Doneldon

napa and others-

Talk with the owner or manager at your LHS.  They may agree to discount everything you order from Walthers for delivery through their store.  Mine does, except for things already on sale at Walthers which the LHS adjusts downwards but not the 20% they give me on everything else.  It's a great way to support the LHS while saving a significant amount off of MSRP.  I still buy some things from other places if there is a spectacular price but I feel the LHS pricing is fair and I can generally get my items faster since Walthers ships to hobby shops daily.
                                                                       -- D