News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What's new Bachmann?

Started by dtpowell, July 13, 2010, 11:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtpowell

The NMRA convention in Milwaukee is finally here. Are there any new announcements to be made in the N scale line? If so, how soon?

-Impatient in Cincinnaggy.
(Need new steam!)

keithwarltier

Thank you dtpowell for asking about the NMRA Convention.  I'm hoping for a 'yes' to my similar question under the 'New N scale coupler pics' topic.
Regards,  Keith Warltier

the Bach-man

Dear All,
All announcements will be made later in the week.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

eric220

K4?  Maybe?  Maybe?  Please?
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

Williamson

From the Model Railroader site:

http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=4057

N scale

Baldwin 4-6-0 steam locomotive. Chicago & North Western, New York Central, Southern Ry. (green with gold stripes), and Union Pacific. Also available painted black but unlettered (with or without red windows and white stripes). Dual-mode Digital Command Control decoder and E-Z Mate Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers. $150. November 2010. Ready-to-run. Bachmann, 215-533-1600, www.bachmanntrains.com

Electro-Motive Division GP7 locomotive. Baltimore & Ohio, Chessie System, Clinchfield (gray and yellow, with dynamic brakes), New York Central, Pennsylvania RR, and Union Pacific (with dynamic brakes). Dual-mode Digital Command Control for speed, direction, and lightning, National Model Railroad Association-compliant decoder, and E-Z Mate Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers. $99. November 2010. Ready-to-run. Bachmann, 215-533-1600, www.bachmanntrains.com

General Electric 70-ton diesel locomotive. Bethlehem Steel, Louisville & Nashville, and Southern Pacific. Also available unlettered (painted in black, red, green, and yellow and black). Dual-mode Digital Command Control decoder and E-Z Mate Mark II magnetic knuckle couplers. $115. October 2010. Ready-to-run. Spectrum series. Bachmann, 215-533-1600, www.bachmanntrains.com

Hope this is ok to post Mr Bach Man! ;D

Mark

C855B

Big "thumbs up!" on the 70-tonner. Certainly a logical evolution of the work done on the 44-tonner.

I do need to seriously ask: what is the logic behind the GP7? This is a well-covered prototype in N.

ABC

Quote from: C855B on July 15, 2010, 07:17:53 PM
Big "thumbs up!" on the 70-tonner. Certainly a logical evolution of the work done on the 44-tonner.
I do need to seriously ask: what is the logic behind the GP7? This is a well-covered prototype in N.
The same logic that was behind the 70 ton switcher, "Well we made it in HO, so lets jsut go ahead and make it in N."

Chris333

Please let us know when you have the details on the 4-6-0!!!!

Frank C

QuoteI do need to seriously ask: what is the logic behind the GP7? This is a well-covered prototype in N.

Simple, not a limited run item. Not all those road names are currently available, either.

Frank

eric220

4-6-0!  Yay K4!.. wait... 4-6-0... 4-6-2... Dang it...  >:(

Well, getting closer.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

dtpowell

Quote from: eric220 on July 16, 2010, 12:30:48 AM
4-6-0!  Yay K4!.. wait... 4-6-0... 4-6-2... Dang it...  >:(

Well, getting closer.

quote author=eric220 link=topic=13860.msg111756#msg111756 date=1279254648]
4-6-0!  Yay K4!.. wait... 4-6-0... 4-6-2... Dang it...  >:(

Well, getting closer.
[/quote]

Sadly, not close enough! WHAT, more dang UP turbines? You got to be kidding! I'm sick and tried of these UP loco's that were primarily used in the Wyoming area. What about the rest of the country? Whoops! I'm embarrassed. :o The UP Loco's are ConCors. The 70T is OK and I'm glad to see the GP7. The 4-6-0 road names are missing some popular road names with the exception of NYC and  it's good to havea choice with the undecorated models. I'll wait for the official announcement from Bachmann, but for now I'm disappointed with no K4 or M1 mountain.

1218classa

Well maybe we will see a K4s next year.... or the year after.... or the next.... ::)

dtpowell

I'm beginning to believe it will be a while. Maybe Bachmann and the other manufactures are thinking the other one is working on it so one on will for fear of over product duplication.