News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2 #5 Turnouts

Started by xero1123, July 28, 2010, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xero1123

So purchased a #5 turnout about 2 years ago, but haven't put it on my layout because for some reason, I can't connect it to normal ez track. I can get one piece on, but the roadbed on the side of the other attached piece prevents it from even getting on. Do I have a defective product, or is it meant for something else that what i've been trying to use it for?

Also I was wondering if you could use 2 of these to create a crossover and if I'll have any problems like those described above. Thanks!

Rickenbacker 325

It should come with a little section of track, some of the roadbed breaks away (on purpose) so you can put the other piece of track in. An yes you can put two together, just make sure it is the same type of switch. Like, right on right, or left on left. Does this help?

xero1123

absolutely! i didn't know that the road bed came off. now i just have to find them as they've been in storage for a while haha. i hope especially that i can find that section of track

hawaiiho

Turn the turnout  and the small connection section over and you will see how it is scored to fit them together.

xero1123

ok, so I looked under the thing, but either way when i still connect the connector piece to either side of the turnout, it still does not let any other track piece connect next to it. I don't know if I'm just extremely stupid, or if something is actually wrong with my product. thanks for the help so far though!

EDIT: I just saw that you actually have to bed the piece out! The plastic came off no problem!