News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 "squeak"

Started by John Tumolo, December 22, 2010, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Several weeks ago I thought I heard a squeak coming from my Bachmann On30  2-8-0.  It made me nuts for a short while, as it went away while running in reverse.  Forward brought it back.  It turns out that all of those really nice rods and pins turning 'round and 'round need lubrication just like the real ones.  Just don't go crazy like one can with the real ones.  Remember-a little goes a long way.  I simply took an old Pringles Chips plastic lid (that has no recycling number and will end up in the trash anyway) and dripped onto it several drops of Labelle's #107 medium oil.  Do not use the metal dropper to place the oil on the engine-it gives too large a drop.  Use a toothpick, and just put a small amount on all of the sliding shafts and moving joints.  It runs like new once again.  Merry Christmas to you all.   John Tumolo   Britcarfan@aol.com

ChrisS

Thanks john. Do you have a vendor for
Lubricant?

John Tumolo

I bought mine from Crusader Rail Services.  They are at www.crusaderrail.com.  Ask for Mary or Ray (Mary's a lot cuter).  Very nice folks and real supporters of the Narrow Gauge crowd.  You can tell them I sent you-not affiliated, just a happy customer.  John Tumolo   Britcarfan@aol.com

ChrisS