Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams GP-9's

Started by tomplatten, August 19, 2010, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChattChooChoo

Hello Lee,

Thanks for your response/info. 

I remember reading somewhere that the paint on the older Williams engines was "different" (glossier) than the paint on the newer Williams and Bachmann engines.  Would you know if older means 90's or early 2000's? 

Thanks,
Bernard

phillyreading

I have no idea about the paint being glossier on differant engines, as I have just the Williams(before Bachmann) engines and no new Williams by Bachmann to compare with.
To upgrade to True Blast 2, remove the old horn unit completely from the shell or frame of the engine and install new True Blast 2 horn unit. It is best to either solder the wires or use wire nuts. Don't cut the wires off at the circuit board that controls the motors. One wire goes to the frame of the engine and the other goes to the center rail pick-up roller, in case you do a mistake.

Lee F.

r0gruth

I have 3 Williams GP7/9s  made in the late 1900s and early 2000s.All have horns and bells.All start in forward.
Roger

phillyreading

Roger,

Do you know what year your GP-7/9 was made?

I have a pair of Williams GP-9's, Pennsylvania RR, and the unpowered unit has the horn inside it, no bell feature. I don't know the year as I bought these used from a friend a few years ago, who was an independant Williams dealer. Got some great deals on Williams trains from the guy.

All the Williams I have start in forward or reverse, no nuetral starting(nuetral first then forward) from any Williams that I have ever seen.

Lee F.

r0gruth

Lee,

Not sure when they were made but all start-up in forward and will re-start in forward if the power is off for at least 10 seconds.
They are all pre-Bachmann.
Mine were also bought from independent dealers.Those days are gone.
Roger