Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

Light 4-8-2 is right here:

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

anoldrail

Hi Form
I’d like to chime in here.  Here is my story regarding Bachmann’s warranty program.  I tried to convert the 4-8-4 Northern to DCC.  In the process I managed to melt the plastic parts on the motor to the point it wouldn’t run (soldering iron to hot).  Scratch one Northern.  In the mean time I bought a Bachmann 2-8-0 from “the auction site”, knowing it had problems (seller very honest about that), but figured I’d get it to work.  Well came close but just couldn’t keep the motor from popping loose.  Figured I had nothing to loose so boxed them both up along with the required fee and a letter explaining my problem and shipped them to Bachmann’s repair department.  I can hear the laughter still, as then unpacked the Northern in “kit form” ;D

Within two or three weeks I received a brand new Northern and a 0-6-0 instead of the 2-8-0 I’d sent in.  Contacted their representative via e-mail and explained the mix-up.  I told them since I didn’t have an -0-6-0 and had several 2-8-0, I’d like to keep the 0-6-0 if they didn’t care, and they didn’t.  Now that kind of customer service is had to find anywhere except for Craftsman tools. 

About 2/3 of my locomotive fleet is Bachmann and I have not had any problems (outside of those I have caused) and there price is great for my budget.  Maybe the detail isn’t as good as some of the others, but I buy for the pleasure of running them on my layout.  At a distance you really can’t notice the lack of detail anyway. 

I am a Bachmann customer for life. 

Regards
Dick
Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

lanny

Dick,

I personally appreciate your account of the more than fair way Bachmann treated you. Often we read  complaints about their service (I am not questioning that they are legitimate complaints), but too often the excellent quality of Bachmann service is overlooked or goes without mention.

I have had very similar, very positive experiences with Bachmann Service and it is why, for the most part and whenever possible, I purchase Bachmann Spectrum for my steam layout (even though I have to kit bash everything to get true ICRR models).

I will say it again ... Bachmann service, in my experience with many Spectrum locomotives is 5 star quality and their products are still very reasonably priced. Consider what HO steam modelers would have currently available (and the costs involved) if Bachmann suddenly dissappeared and left us only with BLI, PCM, Proto Life Like and IHC steam (all of which are 'decent' to 'great' products, though not always very affordable).

Hoople,

Regarding your little brother that threw the block and broke your 4-8-2 wiring. Maybe you could send him in to Bachmann for replacement  ;D

lanny nicolet

ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Paul M.

Lanny, are you sure he wants another brother? He might just want the brother to be taken away. If I were him I wouldn't want a replacement. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific