News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NY Central 4-8-4 axles

Started by wolfcarnahan, August 29, 2010, 10:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfcarnahan

I have a Bachmann NY Central 4-8-4 steam loco No. 5016 that I bought, used. All four of the plastic  driver axles are split, (including the geared axle) causing the the wheels to wobble and stops the loco. Are replacement parts available for it? If so, how do I get replacement parts?

Thanks,
Wolf

the Bach-man

Dear Wolf,
Give the service department a call Monday.
They'll be happy to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

wolfcarnahan

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the parts department doesn't have those parts. Do I have a second choice?

Wolf

ABC

If your loco has DCC you can send it in with $25 and a note detailing your problem and it will be replaced if it is not able to be repaired. If your loco does not have DCC and it cannot be repaired you need to send in a $40-$50 (call to check) upgrade fee to upgrade to DCC from DC and you will have a new loco with DCC.

the Bach-man

Dear ABC,
Unfortunately, the warranty does not apply to second hand locos that were purchased in broken condition.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

ABC

I wasn't sure if he bought it in operable/running condition and then had the locomotive fail. I never run across this situation because I buy all of my Bachmann locos directly from the dealers and am always the first owner. And it would make sense to not cover the loco if it was already broken, because that is not fair to Bachmann, if a guy bought a broken loco for $10 and expected a brand new one in return.