News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Heisler, Need a Prototype?

Started by Gunslinger_Fur, August 31, 2010, 01:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunslinger_Fur

Dear Mr. Bach Man,

As someone who comes and checks out this forum on occasion I have noticed a constant I see with every visit. On30 Modelers practically demanding a Heisler locomotive. I myself would like to see one as well, though I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps the issue is decerning a prototype? Well there's the West Side Lumber Co.'s Heilser(s). The wood burning Heisler on the Sumpter Valley Railroad, but my preference would be this loco. http://www.steamlocomotive.info/onephoto.cfm?display=181&size=1024&submit=1024

Although it's 3ft gauge, its proportions make it look more of a smaller gauge loco. That and the fact that it has a wooden cab, something of an extream rarity that I have seen. Though in this case I would remove the cowcatcher if favor of a more traditional Heisler type pilot. I would like to hear your thoughts on this suggestion Mr. Bach Man. I feel that others would like this prototype as well.  :)
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

J.A.M.

Prefer that 1 to the West Side Heislers because its smaller and has more character :D
Cheers :)

Melinda

What a great Heisler! Where is it? There seems to be another loco in the background.
I kind-of like the cowcatcher and wooden cab, but if Bachmann made this, I'd hope for a choice of appendages.

J.A.M.

Although not American (they are South African), i think these 2 little beauties would be fun to have :)
2 cylinder:
http://users.powernet.co.uk/hamilton/bgpix/Avonside2.jpg
4 cylinder:
http://users.powernet.co.uk/hamilton/bgpix/Avonside4.
These were made by Avonside of Bristol for use in sugar plantations in South Africa. I think about 5 of each size were made. I do know that the Phyllis Rampton Trust own atleast 1 (unknown type), but it is not available to the viewing public :/
Cheers :)

Tomcat

I´d vote for a Westside No.3 Heisler, uncountable freaks arround the globe know this lokie and West Side is always popular, so when MMI will produce one day a West Side Heisler, why not have a affordable and good running Heisler from Bachmann? ? ?

That would make my day...
Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

J.A.M.

Oops, sorry about that   :-[
Cheers Mark :)

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Dusten Barefoot

Agreed. The A&W Heisler, looks like it has more character, and more of a story.  Also it looks cute.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

steinked

As I don't want to wait till Doomsday for Bachmann to deliver, I got me a Rivarossi HO Heisler on the Bay, which I plan to convert to 0n30 using a kit from Keith Wiseman. This model will be of the type of the A&W Heisler.

For a difference I'd vote for the Westside engine for Bachmann to build, if ever.

"Hope springs eternal!"

Cheers Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

kcsivils1

From Bachmann's perspective Westside No. 3 might be the locomotive to produce. We might each have our own specific favorite but the No. 3 is sort of like the RGS 20. Everybody knows the locomotive, it has wide appeal and for those of us who have been clamoring for a Heisler, we'll pony up for one just because it is a Heisler.

The other reason I would produce this if I was Bachmann is that lots of On3 guys would buy one and widen it to On3. I even envision after-market companies or services offering conversions to On3 or even O standard gauge - just like the prototype No. 3.

So, while I am not going to hold my breath, I would imagine Mr. Riley would at least consider the No. 3 as an option, if and when Bachmann gets around to deciding to produce a Heisler.

mmiller

Quote from: kcsivils1 on September 04, 2010, 11:12:27 AM
From Bachmann's perspective Westside No. 3 might be the locomotive to produce. We might each have our own specific favorite but the No. 3 is sort of like the RGS 20. Everybody knows the locomotive, it has wide appeal and for those of us who have been clamoring for a Heisler, we'll pony up for one just because it is a Heisler.

actually going by Bachmann's track record Westside No.3 is probably the LAST prototype they'd pick, just like RGS 20...Bachmann seems to got out of their way to choose little know prototypes for their On30 locos

that's' not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be nice to see a Bachmann C-16 2-8-0, 8-18-C 4-4-0, Westside Shay or  Hiesler...or even RGS/F&CC 4-6-0s

but I'm not holding my breath...
;)

mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge