News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce

Started by J.A.M., August 31, 2010, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.M.

Hey everyone, I made this topic so you can express your favourite locomotive for Bachmann to produce  :D
Mine would have to be:
1. Some form of Heisler (about the size of the Climax preferably)
2. A Garratt (Victoria Railways G42 or a SAR NGG13/16 would be nice)
3. A WWI War department Baldwin (10-12-D class)
Who knows, maybe Bachmann might produce your favourite locomotive ;)
Cheers :)

Dusten Barefoot

Considering my favorite locomotive has been produced (ET&WNC #12) I would like an inside frame 2-8-0,either from the Lawndale, or my personal favorite ET&WNC #6.
2.) 2-6-2 tendered engine
3.)ET&WNC #7, and 0-8-0 switching engine.
4.) A Heisler.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

foles1

Since I lean towards small locos, my first choice would be a Class NA 2-6-2 from the Puffing Billy railway museum in Australia.  Next, an EBt #16 to pull some of the hopper cars.  this might create some interest in Eastern NG RR'ing.  We have a Tweetsie 4-6-0 already.

Dusten Barefoot

Yes, I know, thats why I said, they've already produced my favorite engine#12. ;D I should have put a #1 beside the inside frame 2-8-0 either ET&WNC #6 or one of the two lawndale vulcan 2-8-0s.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Melinda

1. A 2-6-2 in both tank (a la Puffing Billy) and tender (a la Sandy River) versions;
2. Spare tenders of all types;
3. A Heisler;
4. 2-4-2s like the large scale versions.

Royce Wilson

1..Mason bogie!!! any of them.

2. C-16

3. RGS number 20 4-6-0

4. Westside Heisler

5. D&RGW  T-12 4-6-0

ksivils

I may purchase more of the current OF 4-4-0 or OF 2-8-0.  However, I will not be obtaining any forth coming locomotives unless they are:

1) Any Argent Lumber Company locomotive

2) A NG-16 Garratt

3) The long wanted Heisler!!!!!!!!

Hamish K

As a small locomotive man myself, and as I live in Australia, I would love, in order

(1)  the Puffing Billy 2-6-2 tank locomotive, note that there was a similar, although not identical, Hawaiian 30 inch gauge loco.

(2) a garratt, preferably K1 the original garratt that operated in Tasmania, Australia and is now preserved in Wales, although I would buy any reasonably small garratt, and

(3) a world war 1 narrow gauge loco such as the ALCO, Baldwin etc. 2-6-2 tank (used by the British and US forces) or the Baldwin or Hunslett 4-6-0 tanks.

Hamish

J.A.M.

This would be nice: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=283950
SAR NG15 class 2-8-2, made by several manufacturers, I chose this because one of our Garden Railway members has ordered one from Accucraft, look good with our Accucraft Garratt ;D

Tomcat

Ok here you go:

K-27 in D&RGW/RGS versions (a reliable engine as your 1:20,3 model)
RGS 74 (to me one of the most beautiful engines)
RGS 20 (which could be built on the base of the 4-6-0 as I have done...)
C-21 and C-25 (since I have doubts that MMI will ever produce them)

D&RGW T-12 !

Heisler, best: Westside Heisler No.3 !

SR&RL No.24 (which I always call a ´lil K-27-maybe that´s the reason I like her that much..)

Wow, that would probably last for 15 years of fun to come... :D :D :D
Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Tomcat

...and by the way: when RGS 20 get´s back to the Colorado Railroad Museum in 2011 fully operational, lots of more people will get to know her. More people - more buyers in the coming years!!! ;D

Tom ;) ;) ;)

LurchBird

2-6-2. Any configuration. Lots of prototypes out there, both tank and tender, foreign and domestic if you go with a Baldwin design.

Mark

steinked

I'd go for these:

1.: H E I S L E R (Westside #3 preferred)

2.: 3-truck Shay

3.: small WW1 ng Alco / Baldwin

4.: Industrial 2-6-2 tender

Cheers Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

J.A.M.

I imagine a Gilphin style Shay or even an early Dunkirk or Climax would be fun :D

ebtnut

Well, they've already done the small Shay (granted its not a Gilpin).  If you mean by "early" Climax, the Class A, that would be a very good thing, especially for eastern logging.  Some Class A's even made it to the southwestern Pacific islands.

My choices:

1.  A Baldwin 8-18-C 4-4-0, like this:  http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=336432&nseq=9

2.  An inside-frame, non-Colorado 2-8-0 - The Lawndale locos would be just fine by me.  We've already had the BLI C-16 and the MMI C-19.

3.  The Sandy River RR outside frame 2-6-0 "Old Star"

4.  A small Heisler.  I'd be OK with a Westside loco, but I'd prefer one that is a bit more generic.  Maybe like the Tionesta Valley engines.

5.  A Beyer-Garrett, like the NGG-13/16 mentioned earlier.  One of these is running on a private estate in Texas.

6.  One of the SR&RL's smaller 2-6-2's.